Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2008, 04:50 PM

We've just been assigned to the Riviera deck cabin R749 (aft cabin). Does anyone know if the door that's shown on the floor plan right along side is open for access. It sure would be nice to be ably to walk up one flight of stairs in the morning to get coffee.
Thanks
Old 12-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Rich, that door right next to your cabin opens into a crew/emergency exit stairwell. What the deckplan dosen't show is another door right next to R747 that leads out to the Terrace Pool and up to the Horizon Court.

Great location! My favorite part of the ship.

Rick
Old 12-09-2008, 08:17 PM

Thanks Rick, I thought there had to be an exit at that end of the floor. It wouldn't be logical not to have one.
We'll be on the ship in less than 12 hours to see it in person.
This ship is bigger than I prefer but it does offer some nice features. (but it also has over 3,000 pax if full)
Old 12-10-2008, 06:03 AM

She's beautiful! I hope you looked at my pictures. Be sure to visit the Crown Grill and have the Black & Blue Onion Soup-my mouth is watering just thinking about it. Bon Voyage
Old 12-23-2008, 05:41 AM

We just returned Saturday from our Emerald cruise & found our cabin (R749) at first to be a decent location but due to wind & rougher water it proved to be a lot shaker than other cabins judged from previous cruises. Not that it was terribly bad, but if you suffer from sea sickness, you might want to consider a lower deck.
The door at the end of the hallway, as Rick had noted, was an emergency door & not for public use. The other door, right outside the room leads to the Terrace pool & also made it very convenient to get to the Horizon buffet & Cafe Carib only 1 deck up. Great to get the morning cup of coffee & danish.
We also found that being at the aft end of the ship required a lot more walking. Not that it was bad for us since we needed the exercise, but if you have a mobility problem a cabin mid ship might be a better choice.
Old 12-23-2008, 01:44 PM
Rich, welcome back; sounds like you had a good cruise overall. How was the cabin location as far as noise? I think I could do without a balcony being so close to the Terrace pool; but the noise from the pool and moving deck chairs around would make me think twice. The walking wouldn't bother me because most of the things I like are at the back.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:49 PM

The only noise that would be a problem for some people would be the door leading to the pool slamming violently. The suction from the wind would rip the door out of you hand & slam it with such violent force it could be heard everywhere. Since we're heavy sleepers & go to bed late & get up early it didn't cause us much concern. We never heard much noise form deck chars or people screaming.
We didn't really use the Terrace pool that much & migrated to the Lotus pool at the bow end. It's much quieter & felt slightly warmer. Plus the fact that there were numerous cigar smokers aboard & they tended to sit at the Terrace pool for their smoke. The design of the end of the ship tends to trap & hold the smoke in the area which I found to be annoying. The Lotus pool doesn't have the same problem with air circulation.
Old 01-26-2009, 03:48 PM

We are also assigned to this deck on the Emerald for a March cruise, but towards the front of the ship. 1 flight up to food and sun sounds good...I can deal with a little motion. Last trip we were 5 decks down and felt no motion...in fact I questioned whether or not we were even moving at all.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, cabin, cabins, choice, deck, emerald, fl, noisy, princess, r747, review, reviews, riviera, room, staterooms