Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-07-2005, 01:05 PM

The ARCADIA you have is the old Arcadia, this year 2005, a new child free Arcadia was launched. It is very popular with uk cruisers - see p&o website. PLEASE update YOUR RECORDS, and would love to see some reviews. I am cruising on her may 06 and will certainly send you a review. Anyone else sailed on her yet?
Old 08-22-2005, 03:37 PM

Hi ALL,
I'm very interested in anyone's experiences on the Arcadia (2005), since I'm thinking of sailing with P&O Cruises in 2006. Appreciate any info!

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2005, 05:37 AM

Hiya

A friend and collegue of mine has visited the Arcadia albeit briefly pre-launch, she said that - wow it is a large and imposing ship, that the shape of her is modern functional rather than classic, this was also echod in the interior where it is all modern and simplistic.
Understated elegance like the brochure says, and not at all glitzy and shiny like a lot of ships, so many regular cruisers may have mixed views.
She said that the food was wonderful and the service was great as you would expect from P&O, very 'English' she very much got the impression that as an adult only ship she is designed to attract younger adults (25-40) rather than older adults as the modern theme won't necessarily appeal to traditionalists. Of course they also have the Artemis this year (former royal princess) this is much smaller and more traditional, and marketed more to older adults.

She was really keen to sail on her 'for real' so we have in fact booked the short break in April with some other girlfriends to try her out.

Let us know if you book, or you have any other q's...I will do my best

Closed Thread

Tags
arcadia, launched, o