Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2005, 09:21 PM

I'll be cruising the east Caribbean on Princess and want to go scuba diving. Is it best to book the dive excursions off the ship or book directly with the on-land dive shops? I figure if I book with Princess there will be no risk that I'll be left behind or something. Ideas???
Old 12-19-2005, 11:34 AM

That is a tough one. It is always safer to book with the cruise line as they will make sure that you make it back. A lot would depend on how experienced you are as a diver and what kind of dive experience that you want to have.

If you are a newer diver then I would recommend doing the ship's dive option.

Tom
Old 12-19-2005, 07:49 PM

I'm newer and was thinking that it would be safer to book with the ship, and pay a bit extra. The missus would be very nervous if I missed the ship. She might even hook up with an old, rich guy. ;-)
Old 12-19-2005, 09:45 PM

VBG, then I would definitely suggest a ship's shore excursion.

Tom
Old 01-03-2006, 05:47 PM

To me, it all depends upon how much time you have in port. If you are getting in early and have a FULL day, you would have enough time to do your own scuba excursion - however, if you are only in port for part of a day, I would recommend the ship excursion (even though it is going to be overpriced) -- just make sure to book early, as space is limited.

I did a very late booking (5 weeks in advance) and the dive excursions were all waitlisted, so I'm trying to find who Princess uses in Belize so I can contact them directly and try to make arrangements. I am an experienced diver and always carry my full gear.

If you are not a dive fanatic or don't own your own gear, don't worry about trying to bring your own. There is no discount offered when you provide your own gear

Closed Thread

Tags
best, caribbean, cruise, cruises, destination, princess, rated, scuba, top