Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2008, 04:02 PM

We purchased our airfare for our Aug 24th Alaskan landcruise through Princess and have not been instructed on what airline we will be taking or what time we will be leaving. When does that information usually post? We want to make reservations for limo service and need to have a time for it - I know it is a real long time, but I also have my daughter that I need to see when I will be taking her to the babysitters and my dog's to the Pet Palace. I don't think I will be able to wait the 100+ days till we leave!

Free Cruise Tickers

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-12-2008, 04:18 PM

They don't even book your air normally until about 3 weeks before your sailing. You won't know the itinerary, airline or anything else until they actually book your flight. The airlines hold the space, so you won't have to worry about not getting a flight.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-12-2008, 07:19 PM
LizzyjaneFromGA and Neil, on my last cruise I received my "Flight Choice" notification at 75 days out, giving me flight numbers and times and the opportunity to change or upgrade if I so desired. Then at 45 days out I received the actual e-ticket receipts which I presented at the curbside check-in for boarding passes.

The shuttle services only need 48 hours notice, so Lizzy, you have nothing to worry about.
Rick
Old 05-12-2008, 08:01 PM

Thanks for that Rick, things are changing. This is news to me, much like the direct flight you got from cruiseline air recently. Perhaps they've finally had enough complaints and lost air sales from the old way of doing things that they have found a better way. I hope these experiences are the norm and not the exception. I seldom book cruiseline air at all, I have discouraged it for so long as a result of the way it has always been handled in the past. I may have to re-evaluate that position if these type of results become (or have already become) common practice. Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
air, aircom, airlines, choice, cruises, depth, es, flight, flightchoice, info, princesair, princess, princessair, princessaircom, tickets