Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2006, 05:38 PM

Hi,
Was just wondering if anyone can give me some info on the Diamond Princess, we will be going this Feb.3,2007. We have gone with Royal Cribbean Cruise line. Also, can anyone recommend, any excurision? Would alos like to find out if anyone else is going on this same cruise also!
Old 09-26-2006, 07:22 AM

Welcome to Cruise Chat!! Haven't been on the Diamond, only the Sun, Sea, and Dawn. I will offer my opinion of Princess. Although there are many that will disagree, I think Princess does it best. We've been on NCL, RCI, HAL, Carnival, Costa, and Princess, so by no means am I an expert. However, from the ships we've been on, to me, the Princess experience is great. The ships are immaculate, the service impeccable, and the food is awesome. I've never had a bad cruise, just some better than others. Our first Princess cruise was on the Sea, before they were bought out by Carnival (not the cruise line, the holding corporation). We had a chef on board that had published a cookbook and the food was simply amazing. So much so, my husband bought me the cookbook and thought I could reproduce the experience. However, try as I might, the food just isn't as beautiful on Corningware. (I gave up after spending over $300 to make broth). Princess gives you more of an elegant experience, to me. It's not all glitz and hype, it's just a wonderful experience. I'm not sure which ports you will be visiting. If you read the posts in the Caribbean Ports Chat, you'll find that Mexico was hit hard by the hurricane. They're coming back, but some have been disappointed from previous experiences. Xel-ha is a great place for watersports, Tulhum ruins are really interesting. There is some great snorkeling in almost every port in Mexico, so I hope you'll enjoy that. Shopping is good and don't forget to barter. I'm sure someone will let you know about the Diamond, and I hope I helped a little. If there are any specific ports or questions, please let us know. We sure will try to answer honestly. Best Wishes!
Old 09-26-2006, 09:12 AM

Penny,
Pardon my confusion but your post talks about the Caribbean ports - the hurricane damage, Xel-Ha, Tulum, etc. none of which involve the Mexican Riviera which is on the Pacific coast of Mexico (at least, the last time I was down there).

Old 09-26-2006, 11:29 AM

You are so right, sorry, blonde moment I think I've already gone into island mode, getting close now!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM

Hi,
We are going on the DAWN for the Dec 23- Jan 3rd sailing. We have heard a lot about swim with dolphins, snorkling etc.We have done the Mexican Rivera b4 but just did small local town tours, they were nice but I want to get out of the tourist areas and see what there is to see. We will be glad to let you know what and how it went. I know, three months away......Maybe more people will respond.
George
Old 09-26-2006, 11:44 PM

Any info on transportation from Acapulco airport to port? what to do in ACA for only 5 hours. Tips on more unusual side trips for Mex Riviera.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:38 AM

We have done the Meixcan Riviera on both the Diamond Princess and her twin the Sapphire Princess. These are beautiful ships and you will have a wonderful time.

In Puerto Vallarta, you will dock at the marina which is at one end of the hotel zone. There are plenty of taxis and tour companies offering excursions if you choose not to take a shore excursion from Princess. The canopy tour is lots of fun if you want an active tour. We have also enjoyed mountain biking in Puerto Vallarta.

For local experience, ride the bus system to the down town area.

The last time we were in Mazatlan we took a shore excurions which took us into the Sierra Madre. We visited several old villages and crafts people. This was a wonderful tour.

Because of the way Princess schedules, you will have limited time in Cabo. We always book a shore excurion in Cabo so we can be first off the ship. We particularly enjoy the kayaking.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:34 PM

Hi,
I will also be doing a Mexican Rivera cruise on Princess's Diamond. I am looking into activites now and also wanted to know which are good activites to do at port. So far I reserved the ATV in Cabo. Has anyone done this or heard about it? Is so how was it, and would you suggest any for Pt Vallarta and Mazatlan?
thanks!!
Old 09-28-2006, 04:50 PM
Administrator

We did this cruise in 2005 and it rates among our top favorites. Click HERE for the full review -- port information is near the end.

I agree with farmerjohn that the Sierra Madres tour was wonderful. We are very much into history and cultural tours, and loved this one.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, mexican, reviews, riveria