Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2006, 03:50 PM

Hello. I am looking for any advice/tips about the Star Princess. This is my second sailing with Princess, but my first Western Carribbean cruise, and first time on the Star, so any words of wisdom would be appreciated.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:28 AM

What ports will you be visiting? Haven't sailed on the Star, just the Sea, Dawn and Sun. She looks like a beauty!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:42 AM

We'll be sailing to Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios in December.

She does look like a nice ship. We're really looking forward to the trip.

I know there was a fire a few months ago, but from what I can find out everything is back to normal.
Old 08-14-2006, 11:31 AM

Yes, she was the one that had the fire. They had pictures of her while she was being repaired, it was awesome the way they completed the work so quickly. They put in some flame retardent material on the balconies and are retrofitting their entire fleet. Ocho Rios, if you enjoy a little adventure, do Dunns River Falls. It is a blast. The last time we were there we did a catamaran sail/snorkel through Princess. They sailed past the falls, the sailing was the best part, snorkeling was ok, but Grand Cayman and Cozumel definitely have better. In Grand Cayman, Stingray city is a blast, 7 mile beach is beautiful, shopping is ok-not great, and we have snorkled on a couple of wrecks close to where the tender docks that were good. Cozumel is getting back to normal. We did a swim/snorkel with the dolphins at Chanakaab (sp?) Park pre-hurricane that was awesome. The park is open again, but I don't know if the dolphins are back. There are a few beaches there, places to get some food/drink, a couple of shops, it's a nice way to spend a day. The snorkeling in Xel-ha is much better, there are other water sports there as well. The ruins in Tulhum are extremely interesting as well. We did a half day and Xel-ha and a half day at Tulhum (through the ship-Carnival at that time). It gave us a taste of both. I personally would rather have had an entire day at Xel-ha, but I love snorkeling. Best wishes and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 08-14-2006, 11:37 AM

Here's a good website to see the repairs:
http://www.essorg.de/sp/
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 PM

Thank you very much!

Closed Thread