Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 10:47 AM

Hello! I have been reading on some of the reviews that their beds aren't the greatest and that you should ask for some sort of thing that they put under the bed (I can't remember the name but maybe egg something??). Can anyone tell me if this is something that we might possible request (I have some back issues) and if so where and when should I request this. Thank you for your time!
Old 02-06-2007, 05:36 PM
I think it is something called an "egg crate"; I gather from what I've read that it's purpose is to keep two twin beds together when they are in the "queen"configuration. It may also offer some additional support--not sure about that.
To find our more have your travel agent contact Princess, or call them direct at 1-800-Princess.
Hope this helps.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:01 PM

An egg crate is a foam pad that has bumps on it shaped kinda like an egg carton. It adds extra cushioning and can help make the bed softer. We requested one through Princess website when we completed our pre-boarding information. Of course, this information never made it on ship. We could have asked our cabin attendant but decided the bed was ok so never bothered. The beds were firm, but we stll slept pretty good. Probably because we had such busy days and were exhausted. Hope this info helped.

Closed Thread

Tags
bed, beds, caribbean, caribe, carribean, crates, cruise, egg, have, kind, mattresses, pad, princess, request, review, upper