Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2006, 09:05 AM

just got home today was on the golden princess on the dolpin deck 723 and found the rooms beside us noisy (people talking ) on each side and above, this is my third cruise and have never been sick but the first 2 nights i was sick to my stomach had to get some dramamine and i thought i was going to have to get a shot for the sickness this was the worst motion sickness i've had so you might waht to take something before you go
Old 02-07-2006, 01:01 PM

Hi We are on the Grand P right now, I am in the internet room. Ourfirsat day on the ship was a disaster, the ship just about sank. Captain had to make an emergency turn around and in doing so he almost sank the boat. All the dishes were flying around, pool emptied water was everywhere. As far as motion in the back of the ship we are in E728 and it is very loud and youdefinatekly feel the motion on this ship prettymuch everywhere you go. It is a beautiful ship but very large, I hope you have a good trip, I would not travel on theGrand again, it needs a lot of upgrades, a couple of weeks ago the engine failed on this boat. Best of luck, we will be home Sunday. If anyone wants to email me for all teh details I am at enright@magma.ca
Leigh

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-12-2006, 07:40 PM

I had a cabin on the Baha deck of that cruise. I was in the Michaelangelo Dining room, on the starboard side, at the time of the tip. I hurt my ankle trying to stand up from the table and get out of the way of the turned over glasses, bottles, silverware and food coming at me. No believable info for the reason for the "emergency turn in a restricted area" could be obtained from the ship's personnel or from calling Princess'headquarters. In fact they would give no info at all. Info from other passengers said that 6 injured were transfered to the Coast Guard. One man said that he filmed two going on streachers. One crewman was said to have a broken back or neck and another crewman had burns from grease. Many reported their cabins were flooded when the pools overflowed. Many cabin TVs on the port side were thrown onto the floor. One man said that he couldn't open his cabin door because the TV had jamed behind it. We have pictures of the damage to several shops but didn't have the presence of mind to take them while still in the dining room.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:18 PM

My wife and I were staying on Lido deck. No damage to our room. Really only inconvenience we had was that we had to wait about an hour and a half to eat, as the crew cleaned the dining room and kitchen. There were two people removed to coast guard cutter, one passenger with heart attack, and one crew member, who the coast guard said they thought worked in the kitchen. All this from newspaper article that appeared in Galveston newspaper. The staff could have been more forthcoming with information, but all in all, after a couple hrs, we carried on about our business and had a great time.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:28 AM

We were on the Caribbean Princess Jan 7-14, 2006. We were in E721 (starboard aft). We were worried about having too much up and down movement. But we didn't notice it much, except when leaving FLL that Sat night. Ocean was a little rough due to high wind. We also didn't notice any noises from Club conFusion. We had a good sail.
Don't miss our friend Bert Stratton in the Crooner's Lounge. You'll love him.

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, cabins, caribbean, carnival, cruise, deck, exterior, fascination, forward, freedom, pics, room, rooms, royal, royan, seasick, ship, vs