Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2006, 06:53 PM

Going on my 2nd Princess cruise, Caribbean Ship, on 3-11-06 with my husband and his family. If anyone could answer a quick question. Our room is on the Emerald Deck and at the aft of the ship. Could anyone tell me if you feel the ship's movement worse. My husband gets seasick and I want to make sure we are prepared. Also I noticed we are right above a Club will we hear that in our room.
Thanks
Old 01-02-2006, 06:35 AM

Hi Kelalb,

I was in an aft cabin on the Star Princess - Aloha 747 - not a balcony/suite, just an outside cabin. Was nervous about the noise, but, never really heard any, especially at night. One morning I heard something, perhaps chairs being dragged??
I did not notice any extra motion at all.
My cruise was the Balic & quite calm. I have read where some do feel motion aft, so I would bring along something like Bonnine just in case.

Do hope you enjoy your cruise.

Cathy

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 01-02-2006, 06:49 AM
Administrator

Good friends of ours have stayed on Emerald Deck aft, right above Club Fusion, and tell me they heard no noise whatsoever from below.

As for seasickness, I find that ginger tablets and/or apples work well. Best yet, apples are very easy to find onboard.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:54 PM

Can I ask what *aft* is ? ? ?
Old 01-02-2006, 08:18 PM

Aft means towards the back, or stern, of the ship. Midships or amidships means in the middle, and forward means towards the front or bow.

Sandy
Old 01-02-2006, 08:33 PM

Thank you
Is there a *best* place to have a cabin on a ship ??
Old 01-02-2006, 10:03 PM

You mention that this is your second cruise; is this your husband's first or second cruise. If he gets seasick, he should see his doctor and get a prescription for the Transderm Scop Patch. If he has never used this, he should get this prescription earlier than your trip so that he can try it out and become familiar with it.

Some people get mildly seasick; other people get extremely seasick, regardless of how calm the seas are. After all of the planning and money and time invested in a cruise, one shouldn't be seasick. One should be very well prepared.

Bon Voyage~~

Lana
Old 01-03-2006, 06:23 AM

Kelalb
See my response to the question from Leigh under the heading "Staterooms - Grand Princess". The layout of the Grand is not dissimilar to the Caribbean in terms of the Emerald deck and you'll see from my response that we didn't have a problem in our aft cabin.

Regards, Ian
Old 01-31-2006, 10:20 AM

Hi
We are in the aft cabin on the emerald deck the very last cabin, at least for right now. I think it is E728. I get motion sick too but we went on the Carnival's Fascination Ship last year and I wore a patch (that you buy at the drugstore behind the counter) and felt nothing, although we were centre ship. I noticed people wearing the bracelets as well, the only thing with those are they do get a little uncomfortable and you have quite a mark where the pressure point is, not to mention a big tan line. I would definately go with the patch. It is not worth getting sick. You may feel a little odd when off the ship.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-04-2006, 07:29 PM

We are booked on the Emerald deck (aft) for the 3/24 cruise. Does anyone know if we should be concerned about being on this deck? We usually are higher but this is our first Princess cruise.
Dave

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, cabins, caribbean, carnival, cruise, deck, exterior, fascination, forward, freedom, pics, room, rooms, royal, royan, seasick, ship, vs