Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-27-2008, 05:51 PM

Hi to everyone
Princess cruises has changed the port in Vietnam from Vung Tau to Phu My, just need to know is this closer to Ho Chi Minh City , as at the moment have booked day shore excursion around Vung Tau, but if the new port is a lot closer to Ho Chi Min, we would book the day trip to there instead.

I look forward to any replies

Thanks john
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 PM
Hello john2perth;

I read a press release on this port change somewhere, but I'll be darned if I can find it. I do remember the two key points were that the ship dosen't need to tender at Phu My, and that it was about 45 minutes closer to Ho Chi Minh City.

I'm sorry I can't give you a link to the article; hopefully someone else will have seen it and remember where it is.

Rick
Old 09-29-2008, 05:40 AM

Vuan Tau is about two hours east of Ho Chi Minh.
When I was in Ho Chi Minh City it took a long time just for the bus to get through the city. Lots of bikes and scooters.
Old 10-01-2008, 01:30 AM

Thanks for the replies, not even my travel agent has any information on this and princess cruises where not of any help[
the point that it does not need a tender is good news,

cant wait for my 1st cruise 7 weeks to go

regards john
Old 10-01-2008, 07:19 AM

It's getting close now. What an exciting itinerary. Please let us know how it goes when you return.
Old 10-31-2008, 11:48 PM

Hi John,
Cruise Fanatic is correct it is about a two hour bus trip each way. We are going to Ho Chi Minh this time as we only went into Vung Tau last time.
The latest from Princess is we will not have to tender but there is some confusion, to quote someone from another board "there are really three places called Phu My. One very close to Vung Tau ( Ba Tai Ratoi), one the port of Phu My Hung (Sky Scraper City-Saigon South- Ba Ria Serece) where the construction is going on and one about 150 miles NORTH of Saigon. They won't be using the one NORTH of Saigon, but the other two are both called Phu My. One is under construction-the one the cruise ships HOPE to use this year. Princess is somewhat correct in saying you will dock-IF and only IF they are docking at Ba Tai Ratoi (which is really Vung Tau, but not in the Vung Tau district)"
The main thing is we will all enjoy the cruise no matter where it docks!
Kind Regards
Chris
(I have sent you a private post with some other information)

Closed Thread

Tags
chi, city, cruise, cruises, forums, ho, hong, kong, lucia, min, ports, princess, reviews, st, vietnam