Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-20-2002, 03:36 PM

DINING. WE WILL BE DOING A MEXICAN CRUISE OVER THANKSGIVING (OUR 1ST CRUISE). ANY OPINIONS ON TRADITIONAL SEATING VS OPEN SEATING (PERSONAL CHOICE)? ANY OTHER 1ST CRUISE TIPS?
Old 09-20-2002, 03:36 PM

DINING. WE WILL BE DOING A MEXICAN CRUISE OVER THANKSGIVING (OUR 1ST CRUISE). ANY OPINIONS ON TRADITIONAL SEATING VS OPEN SEATING (PERSONAL CHOICE)? ANY OTHER 1ST CRUISE TIPS?
Old 09-20-2002, 04:41 PM

You're starting out at the top with Princess, and especially Star. While I haven't been on the Star yet, plan on doing it to the Orient in Oct. 2003. Have sailed Princess 3 times, and have another scheduled end of November. Surprised the option is still there for dining. While I Traditional 1st seating, we are #234 on the waitlist to get that. We made our arrangements months ago, and that's where we stood at that point. Did you get your pre-cruise documents as yet? It should say what your dining choice is. Also, you can book your tours right on line, which I would suggest doing. This way, you get the tours you want without having the disappoinment of not getting what you want. You can also imput immigration, emergency contact numbers, and credit card information on line. DO THIS!! If expedites the entire check in process. Follow the directions, press confirm changes, and then print out copies for yourself. You asked for other advice, have a great time and enjoy yourself. Let us hear from you when you get back. Happy Sailing! [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_cool.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_razz.gif[/img]
Old 11-04-2002, 01:13 PM

Hi Tina,

On Saturday, 11/2, I just returned from a week long cruise to the Mexican Riveria on the Star Princess. It was a wonderful cruise. My husband and I had the "personal choice" dining which we really liked. We could go to dinner when we wanted and pick and choose where we wanted to eat. Plus, you get to meet a lot of interesting folks by sitting at a different table every night. You can also sit by yourselves, if you wish. It's your choice!! This was our first cruise. You will love the Star!!

Adios and Happy Thanksgiving!
Old 11-05-2002, 07:13 AM
Banned

Just returned from a cruise on the Golden with another copuple that are our friends and 1st time cruiser. We had the personal choice. Always requested a table for 4 and only had to wait one time and that was only 15 min. If you do have to wait you are given a pager. There were never more than 2 couples in line for the dining room. You can usually be seated at a larger table without any waiting at all. Our friends said that they were glad that we had choosen the Personal Choice. There is more flexibility.

I always thought that if you had traditional that you could also use the personal choice dining room if you wanted. One night a couple that was in line ahead of us had the "traditional" dining. The Matre'd asked for their room number and seen that it was for traditional and told them that they had to go to their choosen seating and dining room.

There was a passenger in his 30's that we were talking to and he was traveling with his mother and 2 other family members. He said that they were seated at a table for 8 and the ohter 4 people were very rude and stuffy. They were ruining his dining experience. We told him about the Personal Choice and he said he was not aware of it because his mother made all of the arrangements because she had cruised before. He was really ticked because he said he would have preferred the Peronal Choice.

No matter what dining you choose you have the same menu and all dining rooms are the same. If you have special needs the "Tradtional" may be better for you because you will have the same waiter every night and if he is on the ball he will remember and have the acommodations or any other special requests ready for you. Personal Chioce just gives you a little more flexibility. [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-17-2002, 11:46 AM

How did you like your cruise, mine was great. did you get any picutres of the dancer's? I am looking for some to complete my cruise book.

Gayla

Closed Thread

Tags
princess, seattle, star