Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2006, 08:38 PM

I just booked a mini-suite on the Dolphin deck. What is the difference between a mini-suite on Dolphin deck (9), and a mini-suite on Riviera deck (14)? I would think that the higher deck would be more expensive, but it actually costs less....
I may have jumped the gun and booked my suite before I had all the info.
Thanks for any advice.
Old 01-05-2006, 08:57 PM
Administrator

Congratulations on your booking!

Which ship are you on? I'm not aware of mini-suites on Riviera Deck. The cabins on Riviera Deck on the Princess ships I'm familiar with are standard balcony cabins, which is why they'd be less expensive than the mini-suites. Crown Princess and Caribbean Princess have a few Penthouse suites on Riviera Deck, but these would be far more costly. (Then again, I could be mistaken.)

The mini-suites are nice. Our friends/travel companions had one last year on Diamond Princess, and I thought it was very spacious.
Old 01-05-2006, 09:08 PM

It's the Caribbean Princess. I'm looking in the Princess Cruises brochure right now. Those little color-coding squares are all so similar, I may have been mistaken.
I'm just really concerned about having a 'topless' deck, as I was hoping to get in a little private sunbathing.....oh well. Thanks
Old 01-05-2006, 09:14 PM
Administrator

I know what you mean about the color coding. With so many categories these days, they have seem to run out of colors and instead use slightly lighter or slightly darker shades. That doesn't help me a whole lot, lol.

I'm not certain about Caribbean Princess, yet on Grand, Golden, Diamond, etc., the Dolphin Deck balconies are completely uncovered. But if you stay fairly close to your sliding door, no one should be able to see you.Even so, they'd have to really get close to the edges of their own balconies to look down.
Old 01-06-2006, 07:30 PM

Thanks for your help, Lisa. I'll just play it by ear. This will be our first cruise....I'm so excited!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, caribbean, category, code, color, crown, cruise, cruises, difference, differences, mini, minisuite, princess, reviews, room, suite