Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2008, 06:09 PM

leave a week from this sat. now the cruise line calls today and tells me that were our TA has us setup to meet the shuttle to the pier isn't possbible due to the time our flight gets in, so does anyone know if its a big problem to book with the cruiseline ppl at the airport for a shuttle when we get there? princess told me it was to late for them to book it for me so any suggestions, besides a taxi, lol we need to get to whittier
Thanks guys your the greatest
wendy
ps TA had us meeting at the eden convention center but that isn't going to work

Edited subject line. - LP
Old 06-12-2008, 06:15 PM

I think it's time for a call to your T/A to explain that he/she messed up and you need a sollution. With just over a week to go you'll need something to happen quickly. There is no guarantee that there will still be room available on the cruiseline transfer option by the time you get there. If there is not you're stuck at the airport without a ride. Whatever advice you get from here. I'd call your T/A immediately and get some assistance in resolving this matter now.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-12-2008, 06:19 PM

I did call my TA after the cruiseline called me with the problem, she called back and said we could go from the airport now on the the shuttle that leaves from there, so when I brought up my travel summary on the webpage for the cruise all it saids now is transfer to the ship "motorcoach transfer between airport OR hospitality center, which of course the center is the one we won't make
thanks
wendy
Old 06-12-2008, 06:22 PM
It sounds like your travel agent booked you on a flight that makes it impossible for you to use the Princess shuttle. Your travel agent needs to either rebook you on a different flight or find you another way to Whittier. If you mean what I think you mean, Anchorage to Whittier, a taxi is out of question.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM

Neil, Since our plane gets in around noon, wouldn't you think there would be lots of cruiseline shuttles going most to the day to the ship since the ship doesn't leave untill 9:30 pm, just wonder what your thoughts are on that, or would all the seats be reserved already.
Thought it was odd that since the cruiseline called me with the problem that they couldn't fix it with there ppl that do the shuttle at the airport, but they said they couldn't
Thanks again for your help
Wendy
Old 06-12-2008, 06:40 PM
Administrator

Sounds to me like it could be a capacity issue, but I also wonder why you are being charged.

I hope you don't mind, Wendy, but I added to your subject line to indicate that the problem concerns the shuttle.

LisaP
Old 06-12-2008, 06:41 PM
It sounds like you have your shuttle reservation; you just can't catch it at the hospitality center, you have to get it at the airport. There will be Princess representatives by the baggage claim to assist you. Just be sure you have the voucher for the shuttle--it will appear as a little bus icon on your boarding pass. And no, the buses don't run all day--they know exactly how many there will be on each arriving flight. Just confirm with Princess that they have you listed as meeting the shuttle at the airport.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:42 PM
Administrator

That makes sense, Rick. Don't know where my mind was for a few seconds.

Thx,
LisaP
Old 06-12-2008, 06:49 PM

Wendy, I certainly can't view your booking and without that ability I can only surmise about what the issues are, times involved and what sollutions are available. No need to go into detail on these things, your agent needs to be involved to get it resolved for you. There may be no problem at all in meeting a cruiseline shuttle at the airport. To assume that would be an easy fix, is to assume. I don't like being in a position to have to assume anything. You want a confirmed way of being certain there is transportation available. There are only three ways I know of for that to happen. 1)Either the cruiseline resolves it, you tried that. 2)You resolve it by booking an outside transfer, that's an option. Or 3) your T/A gets involved and finds a fix and sets it up for you. You're down to the second two options but will need to do one or the other right away.

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-12-2008, 06:52 PM

I have a bus and a star icon that under a thing that saids for internal use, hope this is what you meant, have no idea what the star is for, but I will be calling AGAIN my TA to try and resovle this problem before I get there.
Wendy

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, catch, princess, review, reviews, shutte, shuttle, whittier