Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2003, 06:23 AM

My husband and I went on a rccl in January. We did the Enchantment. It was beautiful. We are considering taking a Princess Cruise next fall. Are there any particular ships that you would reccommend? Is the food good? Is the service good?
The service on Royal is great, but the food was okay.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 06:23 AM

My husband and I went on a rccl in January. We did the Enchantment. It was beautiful. We are considering taking a Princess Cruise next fall. Are there any particular ships that you would reccommend? Is the food good? Is the service good?
The service on Royal is great, but the food was okay.
Thanks
Old 04-29-2003, 09:57 AM

I have been on Princess multiple times. It is my favorite cruise line so far. I have not been on RCCL yet but I have been on 5 different cruise lines.

I enjoy the service and food on Princess. Food however is a personal thing. What I like you may not. I especially enjoy the nights Princess has pheasant. I have heard people brag about Celebrity food but to me that has been the worst food I have had on a cruise. You will have to decide if Princess food is right for you.

I enjoy the Princess ships such as the Sun, Ocean, Dawn and those type ships. I do hope to try the Coral Princess sometime in the next year or so.

I keep trying other lines because I do want to find out what the other lines are like. After sailing the others at some point I always go back to Princess.

No vacation or cruise is ever perfect but I feel very comfortable and like I belong when I am on a Princess ship. JMHO.
Old 04-29-2003, 08:43 PM

I love Princess...Awesome experience

I'm doing the Alaska Cruise on the Coral Princess out of Vancouver. BC May 10...

Do anyone have pictures of the ships on the East coast...or suggestions .. I have a few passengers that are going on Golden Princess May 25 and Sun Princess in Oct.

I would love some REAL pics and stories from real people that have taken the ships and I didn't send them on their trip...

Sometimes customers think if I show only my pictures, of family, friends and customers only.. it's bias.

Please contact me if you have any suggestions.. thanks.
www.affordable-cruise.com
Old 04-30-2003, 11:56 AM

Thanks for the information. We have a lot of time to decide what line and ship we want to travel. I loved Royal. Hope I'm not spoiled.
thanks again
Old 05-07-2003, 09:27 PM

Princess was our favorite cruise line, until we sailed the Celebrity Constellation to the Baltic's and Russia last year. We are doing another cruise on her to the British Isles and Norwegian Fjords in July. We're also doing a cruise to South America in February aboard the sister ship, Infinity. If you liked RCL, you would love the Constellation. The food is superb, and the service is beyond anything that you would expect. The cleanliness is incredible. Several travel agents have said the Constellation is the best ship afloat in the moderate category. I must agree, and completely contradictwhat the previous post said about the food. They have a luxury restaurant, but with 2 weeks on the ship, there was no need to use it. They might have sailed before the famed chef, Michel Roux, took over the Celebrity food.
Old 05-09-2003, 10:10 AM

Hi Mikey,
Wife and I, certainly, recommend Princess Line. This October 22, will be our ninth cruise on Princess,(others: one each on HAL, RCI, Costa and Celebrity. PEB is right regarding food preferences. We consider our next door neighbor to be a superb gourmet cook. Upon her return from Celebrity Summit, we deceided to take the same cruise (what was good for Patty, would be good for us) Well, we still think the food on Princess is better...
As for the service, strong opinion there. All vessels are trying to outdo each other. It just depends, how much pampering one can stand. One minor observation: on our cruise on RCI Nordic Empress (to Bermuda)we found, that the dining crew was more friendly and entertaining then on Princess or Celebrity, here both are mirroring the "white glove", first class NYC restaurants.
Indeed, both the food quality and the service are a personal thing.
As I've said, this October 22, we will be on Sun Princess for 10 days Eastern Caribbean. One more observation: I think the Celebrity and RCI have a little bit more exciting itineraries for the people that've "been there-done that" After all, how many times can one visit St Thomas or Cozumel, both a must on Princess East or West Cruises. Still, this Oct. we are looking forward to our 9th on Sun Princess. "St. Thomas, here we come!"
Vladimir and Elfrieda
Old 05-09-2003, 10:38 AM

Mikey, one more addition.
There are classes of ships. Princess newest and biggest are Grand, Golden, Star and Coral, all as "sister" ships (may be Coral is a little bit smaller). All of them are beautifully designed -
one does not feel,there are 2600 passengers on board.Then the next-smaller class:Sun,Sea,Ocean, and Dawn Pricesses. Older and somewhat smaller. Extreemly intimate, great ships,and then also Regal and Crown Princesses, vintage-early 1990's.By sister ship, one is to remember, the deck plan lay out is the same, so if you are on Grand, you can be at home with Golden.
Again, it all depends on itineraries and some extra perks. Example, we are so spoiled with a
cabin with balcony, we would think twice to book a ship without! Newer ships have almost all outside cabins with balconies and the older ones
only a few, on upper decks with mini-suites.
Old 05-12-2003, 07:28 AM

Vladimir and Elfrieda may I ask a question? When you book you cruises do you go through a travel agent or order online. Thats another thing I'm not sure of what to do. I have a travel agent looking up rates for us for fall 2004. Understandable, they really don't have the rates out yet, but I also hear you can do better price wise directly through the cruise line.

Also, I notice your from Wexford. I'm originally from New Castle. Small world.

Thanks for the info
Old 05-12-2003, 11:05 AM

Hi Mikey, (originaly from new Castle!)
What are you doing in Ohio? We have our daughter in Cinci. Great city.

Regarding your question about TA's and/or Online.
For most of our cruises and air flights to Europe we've used our local AAA. Others - with private TAs, also localy (I have to be careful booking, my wife requires HP accessible cabin),we were NOT happy. Then last year, I had a bright idea to book a transatlantic cruise directly with Princess. Turned out-a big mistake.
After Princess switched the ships, dates and Itinerary, and after numerous phone calls, I gave up and transfered our new booking to an online TA that I've heard is above the others on
internet. After our cruise this October 22, I will be able to tell you how we like our new approach. So far-so good.
I still say, I was more comfortable with eye-to-eye contact AAA TAs,even beeing aware that they do not pursue discounts and upgrades.

Kind regards,
Vladimir

Closed Thread