Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Wedding Cruise - May 2010 in Alaska (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/2617-wedding-cruise-may-2010-alaska.html)

MikeyToo 12-15-2009 11:07 AM

My fiancee and I are going on our first cruise, AND getting married onboard, next May. We're taking the Golden Princess out of Seattle departing May 15.

Right now I'm elbows-deep in planning the whole thing. I want to get it all as close to perfect as I can. I know some stuff will fall through the cracks, but like I tell her, this will be a once-in-a-lifetime trip for us. We may make other cruises, perhaps even back to Alaska, but we're only getting married once (well, to each other anyway, we're both on our second time around).

I'd like your help in planning all of this. If you're going to be on the ship, come by and say "Hi!".

f-mattox 12-16-2009 02:29 PM

Congratulations on your upcoming wedding and your first cruise; you have picked a great ship and a great itinerary for the occasion.

As for planning, just put yourself in Princess' very capable hands. I have seen their shipboard weddings and they are beautiful. They will take care of everything, right down to the smallest detail.

As for the cruise itself, you will find lots of good suggestions for shore excursions in the Alaska Port Chat section. If you have any specific questions about the ship or just cruising in general, we're here to help.

Rick

gdjoslin 12-16-2009 06:45 PM

Welcome to Cruise Chat, and Congrats on your upcoming cruise and Wedding.
Rick is right Princess will do a great job with your wedding.
We have done that cruise on the Sun Princess. Our cruise left on the 21st and weather was great, but you never know in Alaska. No mater what weather you have it will be a trip to remember.

penny3333 12-23-2009 08:28 AM

Hi MikeyToo, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations! What a fantastic way to spend your wedding/honeymoon. What a beautiful place to be married.

Princess is my favorite line, so far. We've sailed on HAL, RCCL, NCL, Costa, Carnival, Princess and Celebrity. To me, Princess just does it best. The Golden Princess is a beautiful ship and I know you're going to love the itinerary.

Here's hoping for perfect weather, smooth sailing, and best wishes for a wonderful life together!

MikeyToo 12-23-2009 08:38 AM

Unfortunately, Tie the Knot, the people that Princess contracts out their wedding planning to has thrown us under the bus. When our TA contacted them they said "oh sure, we can get you married that day". When I contacted them AFTER the booking, they said "sorry, no can do". Like three couples suddenly decided to get married on that cruise all at once?

Anyway we've had to shift bookings, flights, hotel reservations, etc and now it's happening June 13th. Same boat, same itinerary, different day.

Sandy 12-23-2009 09:54 AM

Ouch. It's good that you had some flexibility so this beautiful wedding can still take place the way you envisioned it.

Maybe your fiancee always wanted to be a June bride?

penny3333 12-23-2009 11:18 AM

I am soooo sorry to hear that MikeyToo, that sure doesn't sound like Princess. Maybe the weather will be better in June http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...on_biggrin.gif

f-mattox 12-23-2009 11:22 AM

I was going to say the same thing: that's not the way Princess usually does business--even if it is a subcontractor. Sorry to hear about your delay; but it sounds like things are working out anyway. As Penny says, you have a better chance for good weather in June.

MikeyToo 12-23-2009 11:36 AM

Meh. The only concession Princess made to the whole fiasco was to let us use the original deposit without any additional to cover the increased cost of the later booking.

I'm highly unimpressed with Tie the Knot right now. We'll see if they do anything to change my opinion.

Cruise Fanatic 12-23-2009 12:16 PM

How long was it from the time you talked to them and actually booked your cruise?