Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2008, 06:58 PM

I have a suite on the Diamond Princess with an aft balcony....how is the service on Princess regarding our suite steward/stewardess? Any reactions?
Old 02-26-2008, 07:18 AM

I'm not quite sure what you're looking for. We've only had regular balcony cabins on our cruises and the service has been superb. The cabin steward(ess) has made up our cabin twice a day, we've never wanted for anything, we've just asked and were delivered anything we wanted. Is there something specific you're curious about?
Old 02-26-2008, 02:23 PM

I've read some bad reviews on NCL and the Hawaii cruises and wondered how Princess was on service
Old 02-27-2008, 07:22 AM

The service on Princess is much different than on NCL ships, especially the ones that use American staff. NCL was having extreme difficulty in keeping their staff. On the NCL ships we've been on, they were not US registered and did not have US crews. The service was fantastic. I have not sailed on their Hawaiian fleet, so I cannot make a fair comparison. I have sailed on Princess ships, 6 cruises, so far. The service has been fantastic on all 6 cruises. Of course, you will have a crew member having a bad day, once in a while. After all, they are human and work extremely long hours. But, the majority are professional, friendly, and go out of their way to make you feel like you are the only person on board. If you do have any problems, a word to the purser will fix it. We've never had any complaints. Maybe we've been lucky, but I think it's just that they hire fantastic people. I don't think you'll be disappointed at all.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:26 AM
Penny, I don't think it's just luck that we've had no complaints. I would attribute it to the quality of the personnel hired and the training and supervision in all departments. As you say, there will be the occasional employee who is having a bad day, but in 30+ years cruising Princess, I've never had an issue serious enough to do any more than mention it on the comment form.
Old 02-27-2008, 11:43 AM

Hi Kevin23
We did have a service problem (cabin cleaning) earlier this year on Grand. The steward was not around so we contacted the pursers desk. Within an hour our cabin had been recleaned and all the soft furnishings replaced. Problems do occur but it's how they are dealt with that matters! This was the first problem we had had in 5 cruises with Princess and were more than satisfied with the service recieved.
Old 02-27-2008, 04:22 PM

Thank you all....It sounds like Princess really has their act together...I'm looking forward to our cruise on April 1st!

Closed Thread

Tags
diamond, princess, service