Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-30-2007, 04:27 PM

Hi all,

My dad and I are thinking about going on another cruise in Fall of 2008. His walking ability is decent, but extremely long distances and vigorous walking are not good for him. He has an interest in Greek Isles or some other unusual European destinations. We have traveled pretty extensively to major European cities, and so are not necessarily looking for large cities everywhere. Also, we would prefer going to places which really can be seen in about a day. Some of the European cruises allow you six hours in cities like London or Paris, which we would not be crazy about. Any suggestions for a semi-exotic European type cruise, without too much vigorous walking?
Old 07-30-2007, 05:10 PM
Hello waterart; since you posted in the Princess forum I assume that is the line you are interested in; it's also the line I am most familiar with.

Princess has added five or six new itineraries to their already fairly extensive Mediterranean catalogue, including some that combine the Greek Isles with other Med and Aegean ports.

You don't say how many days you are interested in but they have everything from 7 to 15 days. One in particular that looks really nice to me, the Connoisseur's Mediterranean, is 12 days on Royal Princess, one of their smaller ships, and includes, among others, St. Tropez, Portofino, Santorini and Valletta, Malta, one of my favorite places in the Med.

But get a brochure and sit down with your Dad and see what looks good to the two of you. It's wonderful that you are able to spend time with your Dad.
Old 07-30-2007, 05:26 PM

Thanks. I will take a look at it. Good suggestion.

Closed Thread