Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2005, 02:35 PM

Hi all

Just got back today from a 2-week cruise in the Med on Sea Princess. If anyone has any questions on this ship I'm more than happy to answer you.

3ears
Old 05-26-2005, 06:00 PM

I'm sure you had an awesome time. Which Med. itineary did you take??

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 05-27-2005, 03:16 AM

Went to Cadiz, Barcelona, Monte-Carlo, Piza, Rome, Sardinia, Palma & Gibralter.

All-in-all an excellent trip. Looking through the brochures now for the next one!

3ears
Old 05-31-2005, 02:03 PM

We are going on July 2nd! I understand they just refurbished it from being a P & O ship...what was "new" about it? How was the internet cafe since I will need to use that everyday......

How were the "extra" restaurants?

Thanks for providing some info.....
Old 05-31-2005, 03:37 PM

No, the Sea Princess has not been refurbished. It is simply a "new" ship to Princess Cruises. You have no worries though, it's still in good nick. I walked into the internet room a few times but didn't use the computers. I would guess there were about 12 computers in the room and the most I ever saw being used was no more than 3.

We used the "Rigolleto" anytime dining-room for our evening meal and found it worked fine. You had a table of 8 with different people every night so easy to meet people and make new friends. I would certainly do the same again if I booked another cruise in the future. One complaint was the lack of vegetables with the meals but all-in-all very good food & service.

For breakfast & lunch we used the Horizon Buffet. Food was mediocre and selection was just about ok. It could get completely packed at times and difficult to get a table. The other restaurant was a pizza place - never tried that so cannot comment.

A note about the tipping: I reckon about 30% of people cancelled their tips within 2-days of being on-board. Most people preferred to give tips individually for good service. We cancelled 50% of ours and tipped our cabin boy seperately. They take 10-dollars a day automatically from each person but like I said, loads of people cancelled theirs and pretty much everyone you spoke to would moan about it. We British just don't operate like the Americans do.

You'll have a great time though - enjoy.

3ears
Old 06-01-2005, 12:54 AM

igot3ears,

actually "Sea Princess" was refurbished in Southampton only a couple of weeks ago. It was a minor refurbishment, no doubt, but she was refurbished to some extent, according to Princess.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-01-2005, 04:01 PM

Thank you for the feedback on the internet cafe and restaurants! We are on the 7 day Northern Europe cruise and can't wait!
Old 06-04-2005, 06:08 AM

Have just returned from a P&O cruise on Oriana to Venice. Now looking at next years brochures and Sea Princess looks a good option for family deals. Have noticed that many questions on the chat site relate to wine/alcohol, do I take it that alcohol is expensive on board? We like to order wine with dinner and wondered what the cost is on average?
Old 06-04-2005, 09:26 AM

Drinks were on average about 4-dollars plus 15% tip. Cost of a bottle of wine in the restaurant was 20-26 dollars for an average bottle and up to 60-70 dollars if you wanted the top-notch stuff. All plus 15% tip of course.

3ears

Closed Thread

Tags
2005, complaints, cost, internet, princees, princess, refubished, refurbished, refurbishment, sea