Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2007, 07:21 AM

Nadine, I know this is overkill, but every time We have traveled booking through the cruise line or even Hotwire, we never received any documents for boarding the plane. All you have to do is give them your name and have ID and they will print the boarding passes on the spot. The only time we had a problem was when they changed flights and we were not notified. I suggest you check directly with the airline the day before and make sure the flight number and times are the same. You can check that out on their website RickyB
Old 05-03-2007, 03:16 PM

Glad to see this thread. I was also getting very concerned. This will be our first cruise and there are so many questions. We booked thru a TA, but I have kept up on line with Princess by booking excursions, etc. However, I had not received any documents and the cruise is drawing near. I visited with my TA yesterday. She contacted Princess to confirm while I was there. She printed "E-Boarding Passes" and itineraries and flight schedules. She confirmed with American for seat assignments. Princess never sent our pre-cruise packet, so we do not have luggage tags and whatever else is supposed to be included with that packet. Our TA requested a second mailing.
I like most other rookie cruisers, would like to have standard travel documents. Our TA assures us that all will be fine. She said that Princess is moving to E-documents and as little as possible paperwork for the traveler. Keeping my fingers crossed that we will not encounter any problems! Good luck to others who are in the "same boat".
Old 05-03-2007, 07:14 PM

mob--We received our packet 3 weeks after Princess said it had been mailed. In the meantime I had called them and they said they would send another packet. It also took 3 weeks to arrive. The mailing label showed the packets were sent from Indiana. We live in Illinois! Four days mailing--max!

I guess the thing that confused me the most is that in several places in the packet it says we will get airline etickets or paper tickets from Princess. Obviously that isn't going to happen. Luckily, it appears it isn't necessary anyway. (Thank you rbum for the info.)

This is our seventh cruise, but all the others were with RCCL and Celebrity and we used a TA. Not being accustomed to Princess' procedures has kind of complicated things for us. But we are ready to pack our suitcases. In two weeks we will be in Anchorage and I can't wait!

I hope you have a wonderful first cruise! Cruising is just awesome!

Nadine
Old 05-04-2007, 05:41 AM
Banned

If you don't get your cruise documents don't worry about it. If you have your confirmation from your Travel Agent or who ever you booked your cruise thru....thats all you need. Just show up at the pier...give them your name and your on board. As a travel agent I rarely recieve documents and just go to the pier and show ID and my confirmation #. As far as getting e-tickets for airlines from a cruise line..won't happen....there is NO paper ticket with an E-Ticket...you just go to a kiosk in the airport...give your CC or ID and thats it..simple. Thats the way its going to be in the future..real soon.
Old 05-04-2007, 07:17 AM

Thanks for the words of assurance. I guess it is just "rookie" jitters! LOL I started packing a couple of weeks ago. Can you tell that I am excited about going on a cruise/land tour to Alaska? LOL
Old 05-13-2007, 09:50 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Nadine M:
Thanks Neil! I called a couple weeks ago and got our seating assignments. So I know we have plane reservations. But, do we get any documentation that we take to the airport? Is that what I would be asking for from Princess?

Yes, they do have our email and have been sending us various notifications through email. But we haven't heard anything about flight paperwork.

Nadine

I recently traveled and didn't even show the check in clerk my eticket. All he had to do was look me up in the system using my drivers license. Then they checked me in that way.

Closed Thread

Tags
airline, booked, cruise, etickets, line, mail, princess, receiving, ticket, tickets