Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2007, 06:41 PM

I am hoping someone can put my mind at ease! We booked our Alaska cruise/land tour through Princess. We also booked our flights through them. We have received our documents, but there is nothing referring to our flights.

Will we receive e-tickets, paper tickets, nothing? I don't know what to expect! When another couple who is traveling with us called Princess, they said the tickets would be mailed two weeks before sailing. Well, that doesn't seem right because it took us 3 weeks to get our packet after it was supposedly mailed.

I wish we had used a TA, but we didn't so we are having to "wing it" and learn as we go along. I would appreciate any info regarding the plane tickets that anyone can give me.

Can you tell I'm getting stressed????!!

Nadine
Old 04-28-2007, 06:41 PM

I am hoping someone can put my mind at ease! We booked our Alaska cruise/land tour through Princess. We also booked our flights through them. We have received our documents, but there is nothing referring to our flights.

Will we receive e-tickets, paper tickets, nothing? I don't know what to expect! When another couple who is traveling with us called Princess, they said the tickets would be mailed two weeks before sailing. Well, that doesn't seem right because it took us 3 weeks to get our packet after it was supposedly mailed.

I wish we had used a TA, but we didn't so we are having to "wing it" and learn as we go along. I would appreciate any info regarding the plane tickets that anyone can give me.

Can you tell I'm getting stressed????!!

Nadine
Old 04-28-2007, 07:01 PM

Hi Nadine,

Don't stress, the cruiselines all actually book the flights approx 3 weeks prior to the sailing date. The booking will be electronic so you won't need or get tickets but rather eDocs. Does Princess have your email address? Request they send you an email itinerary when they book the air. If not still no biggie. Go on their website every couple of days and check in on the "Cruise Personalizer". You can see any updates on there.

When you get inside of 3 weeks you can simply call them 1(800)PRINCESS that's 1(800)774-6237 in number form. Simply read them you Bk'ing# and ask if the flight has been arranged. When they give you your flight Res# call the airline they book you on direct and take care of getting your seat assignments if you have a preference.

Your circumstance is not out of the ordinary, it's the way they do all bookings with air.

Cheers and have a wonderful vacation!

Neil
Old 04-29-2007, 07:04 AM

Thanks Neil! I called a couple weeks ago and got our seating assignments. So I know we have plane reservations. But, do we get any documentation that we take to the airport? Is that what I would be asking for from Princess?

Yes, they do have our email and have been sending us various notifications through email. But we haven't heard anything about flight paperwork.

Nadine
Old 04-29-2007, 09:15 AM

Did you print out your e-tickets for the cruise from the "Cruise Personalizer"? Wasn't there something there for the flights also.

Do you have your flight e-ticket numbers? I'm assuming that you do if you have obtained your seat reservations. Most airlines have the option of printing out these on their web site, especially if you have a frequent flyer number.

You can call Princess,#3,and tell them your booking # and that you want to speak with the air department. That department should be able to answer all of your flight questions.

Future cruises:
Star Princess - Dec. 2007-Rome- TA
Crown Princess- May 2008 TA & Baltics
Pacific Princess-Nov. 2008-Holy Land & Egypt
Diamond Princess- Apr. 2009 Asia- Bangkok to Whittier
Past cruises:
Golden Princess-2007-Alaska
Sea Princess-2005 Canada/New England
Diamond Princess- 2005 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess- 2004 x2 Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome
Dawn Princess - 2004 x3- Southern Caribbean
Grand Princess- 2003 x2 W.Caribbean/ 2004 Panama
Sun Princess- 2003 Mexico
Tahitian Princess- 2003 Tahiti & Cook Islands
Royal Princess- 2003 x2- British Isles / Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Island Princess- 2003 Panama Canal / 2007 Hawaii
Sky Princess- 2000 China & Orient
Sitmar's Fairwind - 1979 x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal
-------------------------------------------------
HAL-Amsterdam- 2004 Alaska
HAL Ryndam - 2001 x 2- S. America
------------------------------------------
Viking Spirit/Pride -2006 Budapest to Amsterdam
Old 04-29-2007, 09:40 AM

I'm sure all will be just fine without having something to take with you.

Have a great cruise.

Future cruises:
Star Princess - Dec. 2007-Rome- TA
Crown Princess- May 2008 TA & Baltics
Pacific Princess-Nov. 2008-Holy Land & Egypt
Diamond Princess- Apr. 2009 Asia- Bangkok to Whittier
Past cruises:
Golden Princess-2007-Alaska
Sea Princess-2005 Canada/New England
Diamond Princess- 2005 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess- 2004 x2 Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome
Dawn Princess - 2004 x3- Southern Caribbean
Grand Princess- 2003 x2 W.Caribbean/ 2004 Panama
Sun Princess- 2003 Mexico
Tahitian Princess- 2003 Tahiti & Cook Islands
Royal Princess- 2003 x2- British Isles / Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Island Princess- 2003 Panama Canal / 2007 Hawaii
Sky Princess- 2000 China & Orient
Sitmar's Fairwind - 1979 x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal
-------------------------------------------------
HAL-Amsterdam- 2004 Alaska
HAL Ryndam - 2001 x 2- S. America
------------------------------------------
Viking Spirit/Pride -2006 Budapest to Amsterdam
Old 04-29-2007, 10:29 AM

With etickets there is nothing to take to the airport. Everything is in the computer and they just ask for your identification at check-in. The whole purpose of E-tickets when they came into existence was that people didn't have to worry about losing tickets or leaving them at home. Everything is in the computer.
Old 04-29-2007, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Hi Nadine. I travel on e-tickets frequently (including three round trips in the past two weeks), and all I've had to do was give the person at the counter my photo ID, and all was set.

I also carry the confirmation number with me, but have never needed it.

You mentioned you have seat assignments, so I imagine you also have the airline, flight numbers, and flight times. Let us know if that is not the case.
Old 04-29-2007, 12:32 PM

Hi all!

Yes, I have the flight numbers, seat assignments, etc. I went to the Northwest website and was able to see our information. We will print the boarding passes 24 hours before we leave.

So I am going to assume that I don't need anything from Princess. What concerned me was the statement on our Travel Summary: "Princess may issue either electronic air tickets, paper air tickets, or a combination of both... When your tickets are issued, the type of tickets will be included on the Air Ticket Receipt sent by Princess". "....you can expect to receive your paper air tickets and/or your Air Ticket Receipt approximately 30 days prior to departure".

I am going to rest easier after hearing from all of you! Thanks for your help.

Nadine
Old 04-29-2007, 12:37 PM

When the agents where I work travel, we are encouraged to do so with NO doccuments at all. Only a passport, nothing else. I've done so many times with many cruises and flights. Upon our return we report to our Supervisors how things went, any delays caused, problems, etc.

The managers here then have accurate information to relay to clients in similar situations on what to expect and how each cruise line handles such issues. It's amazing but I've never had any real problems and have only a couple of times been delayed. In this age of electronics all you really need is a passport once you're booked and confirmed.

Nadine, relax and have a great vacation!

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
airline, booked, cruise, etickets, line, mail, princess, receiving, ticket, tickets