Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2006, 05:04 AM

Anyone sailed the Caribbean Princess? We were going to book the Sun 10 day, but took that cruise last year. Also been on the Dawn and Grand. Since the Caribbean is larger than the Sun, concerned about wait lines at the buffet and crowded conditions at the pool or shows. Any feedback? Also, any movement at aft or forward rooms?
Old 08-02-2006, 06:15 AM

I sailed Caribbean Princess in 2.04 I am booked to sail her again 12 August. The only difference between Caribbean (and now Crown) and the other Grand class ships (Grand, Golden) is they added an extra deck of all cabins. (R deck) It raised the capacity without adding any additional public areas. That being said, I found no problems with lines. We primarily dine at the additional cost venues and had no problems. I prefer the Sun / Sea / Dawn class but still enjoy the Grand Class ships. I have sailed on both Grand and Golden. I prefer mid-ship cabins for easy access to public areas but have been all the way forward and all the way aft with no major movement problems.

Funship Freddy
Old 08-02-2006, 08:52 AM

We sailed the same cruise as funship freddy.

I really liked the Caribbean princess. We ate at the speciality restaurants two nights and thought they were great. I also thought the food in the dining room was very good too. There could have been more variery but it was enough for us. We also loved Anytime Dining, so much easier to plan your day. If you want the speciality restaurants, you do need to book those day of embarkation. If you wait till later in the cruise, you can't get in.

We spent most of our time at the Adults Only pool at the rear of the ship and loved it. Much more relaxed out there. But the rest of the ship was still very nice and well kept.

Only complaint was about the beds. Ours were really lumpy. I had read that on another review prior to our sailing and I thought someone was just being extra picky, but the beds were pretty bad. Which surprised me since the boat was only a little over a year old when we went. But, you can ask for an egg crate.

I would recommend this boat to anyone.
Old 08-02-2006, 04:46 PM

My wife and I have sailed with Princess 5 times and each has one been great. We leave again in Dec on the Star Princess. The ships are clean and bright, crew and staff outstanding, public space is good. You can mix with the other cruisers or find a quiet spot to yourself. The food is great and we really like the "personal choice" dining. What ever cruise line you pick, relax and enjoy.

Caseyg

Caseyg
Old 08-03-2006, 08:21 PM

Thanks for the opinions everyone, but we just booked the Sun 10 day on October 21. Same ship as last year, but different itinerary.

Closed Thread