Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Princess Cruises (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/)
-   -   Can you bring non-alcoholic beverages on board? (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/princess-cruises/27064-can-you-bring-non-alcoholic-beverages-board.html)

ceci 06-26-2008 06:35 PM

My husband and I cruised with Princess in 2003. At the time we were able to bring larger bottles of juice on board to put in the fridge in the cabin. Just wondering if this is still allowed. It really helped having the beverages handy in the morning.

We are booked on the Star Princess to Alaska in September and just trying to plan ahead.

Thanks!

penny3333 06-27-2008 03:52 PM

Hi ceci, welcome to Cruise-Chat. You will be allowed to bring some juice or water on board, as long as it is a reasonable amount. Best wishes on your up-coming cruise, and once again, welcome aboard!

RichC 07-11-2008 10:38 AM

Why not just bring a large insulated coffee cup & fill it up just before the breakfast buffet is over & store it in the fridge? Of course Princess only offerers free orange juice in the buffet area (other juices are free in the dr only) If you ask for them at any other time there is a charge.

LHP 07-11-2008 04:28 PM

One tip that is probably generic to all "security at the ports".

If you carry on soda, the Security Guard may ask you to open your bag. Don't freak...they are just looking for beer.

Frase 07-11-2008 04:39 PM

When I go on my cruise to Cozumel, I hope to bring back a few bottles of Coca-Cola. That is because in Mexico they use 100% sugar instead of 100% High Fructose Corn Syrup like they do here in the USA.

I hope that they will allow me to bring back a "reasonable" amount of Coca-Cola. I suppose I will find out what the limit of "reasonable" is.

Dave 07-11-2008 04:44 PM

Frase,

Me too! The sugar-based Coke is much better than the HFCS junk. The taste is crisper and more refreshing. HFCS is a factor in the increase in diabetes and other health problems in this country.

We will be in Coz in less than two weeks!

TrvlPro 07-11-2008 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Frase,

Me too! The sugar-based Coke is much better than the HFCS junk. The taste is crisper and more refreshing. HFCS is a factor in the increase in diabetes and other health problems in this country.

We will be in Coz in less than two weeks!
After reading on here that the original sugar based stuff was being produced in Mexico I went on a search and found a small local store not too far from my home that carries it, the made in Mexico stuff. I now regularly stock up and won't have to tote it back in my luggage from a cruise.

Cheers, Neil

Lss96 07-15-2008 11:09 AM

I have not had a problem bringing Pop or water on board Princess. Just put some bottles in your back pac, or in your suitcase prior to boarding. I have also stocked up on the Islands again putting 2-3 plastic 16 oz. bottles in my back pac. Unless Princess have tightened rules in the last year, I don't see a problem. Keeping it reasonable is the key I guess.