Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2005, 08:21 PM

After looking at diffrent reviews and being on a princess cruise, i can't help but ask the question. Did Princess have better customer service prior to being purchased by Carnival Corp? Can someone please compare a RCCL cruise to a Princess at the current time? I am planning a Vacation to Europe, and am trying to decide between Princess and RCCL. I have been on an Eastern Caribbean Cruise aboard the Caribbean Princess, and I thouroughly enjoyed the cruise, but i felt the service and personailty was missing. If anyone has taken a European cruise on either RCCL or Princess I would greatly appreciate any input. Also if you have any input on Cruisetours, i am very interested in the idea.(Are your meals included?/ Is it actualy a tour or do you have the days to guide yourself?)

Any Input is greatly appreciated

Shelton
Old 07-25-2005, 09:34 PM

We have been cruising on Princess Ships for years and have been very satisfied with the food, service, entertainment and most tours. We cruise three times a year and have been to the Mediterranean, Australia, Panama Canal, Mexican Riviera Caribbean etc. etc.and as Elite members are treated very well. We see no difference in service since the take over.
Old 07-26-2005, 05:35 PM

Thanks Shcultzie,

If you dont mind, which Mediterranea cruise did you go on? I am looking at a few diffrent routes, have you ever cruised RCCL, if so how do they compare, and would you recomend a cruise tour?

Sorry for all the questions,

Shelton
Old 07-26-2005, 10:38 PM

We went on the Regal Princess from Rome to Copenhagen last May 2004. I believe it was a 16 day cruise that hit Barcelona, Cannes, Amsterdam, Dover, Lisbon, Vigo, Antwerp, Brueges. It was a wonderful cruise with great sightseeing opportunities in each port. We spent a few days in Rome on our own before boarding the ship, and a few days in Copenhagen after the cruise. I'd highly recommend it.
Old 07-27-2005, 07:06 PM

HI Shelton,

I have not seen a decline in Princess service since being part of the Carnival Corp. personally. Being an Elite member I cruise often with Princess.
I do have several close friends who work for Princess & trust me when I say the majority of Princess Crew do not want to tarnish Princess excellence.

As for Europe cruises with Princess I did the Black Sea cruise years ago. Doing the Baltic in 16 days, and have the Med/Greece cruise booked for next July.
My personal feeling for cruising Europe is it gives you a taste. I do not think you can see or do it all in the short time in most ports.
But, you can get a sampling, and then perhaps decide to return.
Some of the CruiseTours do provide meals. Some tours do allow you time on your own & others are very structured.
Hope this helps some.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community

Closed Thread

Tags
black, buy, buyout, carnival, changing, cruise, cruised, cruises, curise, line, princess, review, sea, service, ship