Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2005, 06:14 PM

hello everyone, boy this site is so great! What did we ever do without the internet! We are going on a cruise may1st San Juan to NY. Our first. we found it online and got a great deal, budget deal that is. Our room is on Lido deck, 207 which is at the front of the ship and up high. Is this going to be bad if the waves are high? It is an interior room so maybe it is not an issue. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks Rebecca
Old 02-14-2005, 06:14 PM

hello everyone, boy this site is so great! What did we ever do without the internet! We are going on a cruise may1st San Juan to NY. Our first. we found it online and got a great deal, budget deal that is. Our room is on Lido deck, 207 which is at the front of the ship and up high. Is this going to be bad if the waves are high? It is an interior room so maybe it is not an issue. Any other info would be appreciated. Thanks Rebecca
Old 02-15-2005, 06:13 AM
Banned

Are you afraid of water getting into the room or rocking of the ship? If the waves are so bad that water is getting into your room than no part of the ship would be safe. The same goes for the ship rocking in rough water. Naturally the center of the ship would be the smoothest but it is a ship and that is part of the experience. The Golden is fairly new and is beautiful. Being closer to the top will give closer access to the pools and hot tubs. They are open 24 hours a day unless it is too rough. You made a great choice for a first cruise. Don't worry about it.
Old 02-15-2005, 01:09 PM

Hi, Rebecca - I have to agree, you're in for a fantastic time! The Golden is a real beauty.

Since you're taking an inside cabin, there's no advantage to being higher up (other than proximity to the pool area), and in fact, being lower and more midship can make for a smoother sailing. My specific concern about L207 is that it's under the aerobics studio/gym, and it is possible you may get some noise if you're sensitive. If you can, you might want to consider switching to category I (one category lower) and selecting a cabin either in the front portion of the Aloha deck or midship on the Baja deck. That way, the only thing above and below you are other cabins. I have had some passengers tell me that they did get noise on the Star Princess(sister ship) from being under a pool deck, as the crew was cleaning the pool area with squeegees early in the morning.

If seasickness is a concern for you, keep in mind that the lower you are and the more midship you are, the better! And those are usually among the least expensive cabins on the ship....go figure!
Sun Princess '02
Celebrity Infinity '02
Golden Princess '01
Sea Princess '00
Norwegian Sky '00
Landlubber '63-'99
Old 02-15-2005, 06:13 PM

Room choice is very personal. My wife and I always get a balcony, A good friend of mine insists that interior rooms are the best deal.

The Golden is a pretty stable ship. Weve been on it three times. Only once, when the winds were hitting us broadside did we get lots of movement.

My wife got seasick on the first night out on our first cruise. She didn't want the patch or other drugs but tried the acupressure bands. These are elastic wrist bands with a buttom attached to them. This button places pressure near the center of your wrist. To our surprize (at least mine) they worked within minutes. She felt great the rest of the trip. The tan lines on her wrists were funny but she wasn't heaving.

Closed Thread

Tags
bad, balcony, cabin, cruise, cruises, front, golden, good, inside, interior, princess, reviews, room, rooms, star, update