Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-20-2008, 10:25 PM
I was wondering if Princess cruise lines has those mini-safes inside each cabin. When I cruised on Carnival, they always had them.

The safes on the Carnival ships operated with a card reader. You would get any plastic card that had a magnetic strip in back and swipe it in a special card reader on the door. That would cause the safe to lock. To open it again, you would simply get the exact same card and swipe it once again.

So, I was wondering if the Princess cruise ships have similar safes onboard their ships inside each cabin?
Old 02-21-2008, 05:16 AM

Frase,

I have sailed on the Princess "grand" class ships and they have a safe in the cabin. You enter a combination to lock and unlock the safe. You have to physically turn the locking knob.

Caseyg
Old 02-21-2008, 05:34 AM

On the Sun class and Grand class ships that we've sailed on, they had safes. I assume they are on all class of Princess ships. As caseyg55 states, you enter your pass code to lock/unlock, you choose the number combination. I actually prefer that to the card swipe because both parties can operate the safe without having to chase down the only card.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:17 AM

All the Princess ships have room safes with key pad combinations unlike the Carnival ship you mentioned with a card reader. The last time I used one with a card reader it was a pain since you always had to take the card in you pocket- bad idea.

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cabins, carnival, carribean, class, cruise, cruises, line, mini, princess, room, royal, safe, safes, ship