Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2006, 07:00 PM

Just wondering if anyone photos or feedback of the tipping of the grand princess?

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Old 02-12-2006, 08:29 PM

Hi Leigh. We were about to go into the dining room, can't remember it it was the Da Vinci or the Michelangelo, when the turn/tipping incident happened. Did not have our camera in hand at the time, but witnessed people and furniture sliding down the deck, and heard alot of breaking glass and other noise. Some of the people were more visibly upset than others. As for us, after an hour and a half, things were back to normal and we had a great time. Read an article in Galveston paper that said one passenger and one crew member were removed to coast guard cutter. The passenger apparently had had a heart attack and was the reason for the turnaround, and one of the crew(a kitchen worker) was injured during the tipping and was removed. I met a woman who had gone to the infirmary for minor injury, and she said the injured worker was wearing a neck brace and didn't look very well. All in all, I would definately go again.
Old 02-14-2006, 08:58 PM

I do agree, after all that went on we still had a great time. I will definately go back on another cruise but will not do the Grand, just found it to be a little on the huge side, seemed to take forever to get from point a-b. We did the Fascination last year and it was great, rooms were so much larger. We were in a mini suite at the very back of the ship. Suite was small and you could hear the engines at all times. Our two kids were going through the buffet area and were up to their ankles in water with plates flying by their heads, they thought they were sinking, it will take a lot of convincing to get them back on a ship I think. Also my youngest was sea sick the last few nights and scared by the huge seas on the last night. I do think that all cruises have experienced the rough seas. Cheers.

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Imagination Mar. 09
Carnival Destiny Nov. 2008
Carnival Liberty March 2008
Carnival Freedom Nov 2007
Explorer of the Sea Mar 2007
Carnival Fascination Nov. 2006
Grand Princess Feb 4 2006
Carnival Fascination Feb 2005
TSS Atlas 1988
Discovery 1983

Closed Thread