Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2008, 05:18 AM

We are going to cruise on the Crown next month for our 25th wedding adventure. The very first cruise we went on was with Princess 15 years ago and I still have dreams of the crossants on that cruise. Does Princess still serve them? Also, we reserved a Mini-Suite. Should we take our laptop? How much does it cost to use it in your cabin?
What are the non-charge drinks at dinner? Coffees, juice?
Thanks, Deb
Old 03-19-2008, 05:56 AM

Hi jdsl1998 welcome to Cruise-Chat. Congratulations on your 25th anniversary, great way to celebrate. The Crown is a beautiful ship. We haven't sailed on her, yet, but have seen her in port. We sailed on the Emerald last November, she is a beauty and huge! Yes, Princess still serves wonderful Croissants. I've not had the pleasure of a mini-suite, but I don't think there are any network access points in them. They do have an internet cafe area on board, but you have to use their equipment. We brought our lap top on our cruise, just to download pictures to, but never tried to get on their wireless. There are various packages you can purchase that make the cost of the internet range from $.55 to $.95 a minute. The speed is very slow, like dial-up. Coffee, Tea, Milk, Juice (with breakfast), and punch are free drinks. Alcohol and sodas are not. Best wishes and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 03-19-2008, 11:19 AM

I've tasted croissants on lots of different ships (Princess, RCI, Celebrity, Costa) & I'd probably rate RCI having the best. The ones on the last 4 or 5 Princess ships (Caribbean, Grand, Sun, Diamond, Island) have been so-so. Some ships seem to have a better recipe than others or mane it was how they were prepared- I'm no cook but I recall the VOTS as having the best.
Old 03-19-2008, 01:53 PM

Princess serves a kind of croissant every other day which is second to none. It is filled with hard, dark chocolate. I try to watch my weight when I cruise, but they are my downfall, and they are available everywhere, not just in suites.
Old 03-21-2008, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SD Cruiser:
Princess serves a kind of croissant every other day which is second to none. It is filled with hard, dark chocolate. I try to watch my weight when I cruise, but they are my downfall, and they are available everywhere, not just in suites.
There is nothing better than a good croissant. I don't mind a mediocre one every now and then. I love them for sandwiches or by themselves with some strawberry perserves. But I cannot wait to try this chocolate one that you speak of!!!!! What would be even better is if they could fill it with strawberries AND chocolate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (Mental note: Bring extra blood pressure pills....lol)
Old 03-21-2008, 02:11 PM

It would be to my advantage if the croissants were terrible
Old 03-26-2008, 07:03 PM

Congratuldations on 25 years of marriage. There is no internet connection in individual rooms. There is WIFI. You can purchase a package of minutes.
Dinner drinks are coffee, tea and some juices - especially at breakfast. You can purchase a 'soda pacakge' which is basically unlimited soda drinks. Last cruise it was about 28.50 (I think) for the 7 days. Go to the Princess site and What's OnBoard.

Closed Thread

Tags
croissant, cruiser, recipe