Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2007, 09:32 AM

My husband and I (we're both 38) want to surprise our parents (60s and 70s) by taking them on a cruise. We have tentatively scheduled a repositioning cruise from Los Angeles to Vancouver on the Golden Princess. It's a 6-day cruise. I've cruised before; none of them have. Is this a good first time cruise for this age group? We like the ports of call. Thanks.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-21-2007, 12:49 PM
Hello kjp and welcome to cruise-chat--I see it's your first post, although you've been registered a while. What a wonderful thing to do--surprise your parents with a cruise!

A six day cruise on Golden Priancess would be the ideal introduction to cruising. Princess offers the kind of cruise experience that can be enjoyed equally by someone in their 30's, 60's and 70's.

My wife was on Golden Princess in October, and she said the ship was in beautiful shape; and the food and service were the high quality we have come to expect from Princess. Plus, the six day will give you a nice mix of relaxing sea days and interesting port days.

So have a wonderful trip, and keep in touch.
Old 12-21-2007, 01:59 PM

Hello f-mattox, thank you. We only reserved two rooms due to cost but we can have mother-in-law in our room. Do you think we'll see any whales along the route in early May?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 12-21-2007, 05:06 PM
May is a little late to get the concentration you would find in early Spring when the Grays are on their Northern migration; but they can be seen off the West Coast virtually year round; as can Humpbacks off California and Blues and Orcas farther North off Washington.
Old 12-21-2007, 09:17 PM
Banned

Sounds like a great choice for an introductory cruise. I am sure that all 4 of you would really enjoy the Princess cruise.
Old 12-23-2007, 07:06 AM

Hi KJP,

My wife and myself were on the similar reposition crusie on Island princess a few years back. During the cruise, we saw about 5 whales along the way. However they were far from us. It's not going to be like whale watching tours you get from port of LA, where you can get pretty close to them.

Just so you know. Hope you have a wonder cruise in May.

Closed Thread

Tags
60s, california, coast, coastal, cruise, cruises, day, golden, la, pacific, parents, princess, repostioning, reviews, vancouver