Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-09-2007, 07:51 PM

I agree with Karlg. Mucho gratias to Irvine who followed the footsteps of RichC to provide us with much needed info about sailing across the Pacific. I owe much to both, and my wife and I are set to sail from Long Beach on Sunday on the same cruise. If there is any interest left remaining, I will continue the tradition. I am Platinum, so not worried about internet costs.

Aloha! Thank you so much Irvine!
Old 03-09-2007, 08:29 PM
Bob & Bev,
please, by all means, keep the tradition going. I'm leaving on the same cruise on April 26 and would love to hear how your trip is going. I, also, owe a great debt to RichC and Irvine Traveler. I hope I am able to contribute something also for future travelers.
Have a great trip. I'll be watching your departure via bridge cam.

Speaking of bridge cam, see what you can do about that, please. I would like to see the splash pool and the horizon.
Old 03-10-2007, 04:09 AM

I envy the people who live on the west coast being able to make the trip without having to fly. Hawaii is one of the nicest places I've ever been to. Have a relaxing trip Bob & keep us posted.
Old 03-10-2007, 07:17 AM

OK Guys and Girls,

I will start a new thread tomorrow morning, and will do what I can with postings. RichC and Irvine are tough acts to follow.

f-mattox, did you check the web cam this morning? They have it turned around now facing the jets at the rear of the ship.

I will see what I can do about the splash pool and the horizon.

Irvine, your looking good for a smooth sail into Mexico Saturday night.

Aloha!
Old 03-10-2007, 07:31 AM

Now they have the web cam turned around again toward the front. Maybe they are experimenting.

Sorry Irvine, I stole one day away from your cruise. If I am correct, you arrive Ensenada Sunday evening, not Saturday.

Take care!
Old 03-10-2007, 11:09 AM

Day 13,

Hello all!

We continue to have very calm seas, with wavelets. Temp this AM is 62F. I switched back to long pants today from shorts. Many of the passengers are wearing sweaters or a light jackets today. Still great weather if you're coming from the deep freeze areas of the world.

We have had many of the Academy Award nominated movies on this cruise in the larger theater. Babel, Queen, Dreamgirls, today is Little Miss Sunshine. They show the films mid-day at 2:30 PM.

Tnight is the last formal night, waiting for lobster. We just concluded a tour of the galley. Be sure to put that on your list of things to do on board if you have never taken the tour.

Out for now. I am up $130 on the slots, wife is down $60. I lock her in the room now. HaHa!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-10-2007, 02:28 PM

We didn't do anything in Ensanada except get off the ship to see what they had for sale (which wasn't much) We re-boarded immediately & went to diner. They offered 2 tours but there weren't many people that went on them. I think there was a local shuttle bus for a few bucks which went into town, but we weren't interested.
Old 03-10-2007, 05:07 PM

Thanks for all the posts. It helps make the waiting go a "little" faster.

Bob & Bev, We follow you on March 27th and will be looking forward to any posts you can make. Have a great cruise just like the past two cruises have been.

Future cruises:
Star Princess - Dec. 2007-Rome- TA
Crown Princess- May 2008 TA & Baltics
Pacific Princess-Nov. 2008-Holy Land & Egypt
Diamond Princess- Apr. 2009 Asia- Bangkok to Whittier
Past cruises:
Golden Princess-2007-Alaska
Sea Princess-2005 Canada/New England
Diamond Princess- 2005 Mexican Riviera
Star Princess- 2004 x2 Med. Venice to Barcelona/ Barcelona to Rome
Dawn Princess - 2004 x3- Southern Caribbean
Grand Princess- 2003 x2 W.Caribbean/ 2004 Panama
Sun Princess- 2003 Mexico
Tahitian Princess- 2003 Tahiti & Cook Islands
Royal Princess- 2003 x2- British Isles / Norwegian Fjords & Iceland
Island Princess- 2003 Panama Canal / 2007 Hawaii
Sky Princess- 2000 China & Orient
Sitmar's Fairwind - 1979 x2- Caribbean/Panama Canal
-------------------------------------------------
HAL-Amsterdam- 2004 Alaska
HAL Ryndam - 2001 x 2- S. America
------------------------------------------
Viking Spirit/Pride -2006 Budapest to Amsterdam
Old 03-10-2007, 10:39 PM

RichC,

Thanks for the insight on Ensanada. We do not plan to get off the ship. Drinks and a final dinner on board sounds better to us.

We did have the lobster to night at the 3rd formal seating. Persons at our table did order two servings and received it. We also had a great tempura dish at lunch yesterday.

We wish you future cruisers a great trip and calm seas.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
booking, car, comments, hawaii, hawaiian, honolulu, islands, kauai, nawiliwili, port, positive, rental, rentals, snorkel, tahiti, tours