Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-26-2007, 08:03 AM

A month ago, we sailed on the beautiful "Island Princess" to Alaska. It was our first experience with cruising and in visiting the beautiful state of Alaska. What a wonderful way to get travel! We absolutely loved every minute of the cruise as well as our land tour experiences following the cruise (17 days total).

All of the employees that we met were absolutely the most pleasant and personable people you could ask for. They truly made us feel special.

We must say, Princess has the details down pat!!! We loved that aspect. Both my husband and I are organized people. Princess took care of EVERY detail. We had absolutely NOT ONE complaint about our entire experience concerning the ship, excursions, or land tour and land accomodations. It was absolutely wonderful. THANKS to Princess for making our dream vacation so special.

And, we met some great people that we hope to remain in contact with.

Our only negative comment concerns American Airlines. They were late on each flight to Vancouver and returning from Alaska. We don't know the reasons behind the delays, so we won't comment further on that issue. They did however, hold the plane to our final destination, since it was the last flight out for the night. YEAH!!! we were very happy about that. So, I guess it all worked out in the end.

We would like to thank everyone on this site who contributed suggestions as we prepared for our trip to Alaska. Your input was invaluable. Thank you for sharing your expertise with first time cruisers.

We would go back to Alaska in a heartbeat! We just need to pay off this dream vacation first! LOL
Old 06-26-2007, 08:06 AM

Ooopsss....sorry. Didn't realize there was an Island Princess thread already. Also apologizing for the typos.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:08 AM

mob122906,

no problem - you can't put everything in one thread. As for the typos, you can edit your posting within 30 minutes after you have created it in order to correct them.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 06-26-2007, 08:26 AM
Banned

Hi Mob122906,

We just got back two weeks ago from our Alaskan cruise on the Dawn Princess. I would love to see any pictures you took of your vacation. What ports did you stop in? We went to Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Tracy Arm Fjord (cruising) and Victoria. We too loved our vacation.

Let me know if you have an online photo album, I would love to visit it.
Old 06-26-2007, 08:48 AM

Welcome back mob122906, sounds like you had a wonderful experience. If you're hooked like the rest of us, the best way to cure the disembarkation blues is start planning your next cruise! Glad to hear you enjoyed Princess, they're my favorite line, so far. Best wishes and thank you for your post!
Old 06-26-2007, 06:56 PM

I am in the process of having my daughter burn dvds of our photos. I took over 850 pics! LOL Yes, I did go a little overboard with the camera....hahahaha... Just trying to capture the beauty of it all to share with my friends and family. Of course, pictures will never tell what we saw and experienced. But, it sure was fun taking them. LOL
I printed the pics today and will begin working on a scrapbook soon.

Since my computer is from the age of dinosuars...I will ask my daughter to post some of our pics to share on this site.

And yes...I think we ARE hooked on cruising. It will take some time to pay the expenses of the Alaska vacation. So, planning the next cruise will be a while. But it surely will be fun to at least dream of our next adventure.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:36 PM
Banned

I'm like you, I took over 700 pictures! Here is a link to my online photo album (there's only 80 pictures on this, I just picked the highlights of the trip). Webshots.com is a great place to post your pictures.

http://travel.webshots.com/album/559114699QRoTvk

Let me know when you have yours online, I enjoy seeing Alaska through other people's eyes (or cameras).
Old 06-28-2007, 08:29 AM

Wow Mob you sound like you may get hooked. My DH and I will do FOUR long (15+) days cruises with Princess this year. We're booked on the Island in September. Do you know about Cruise Crtic for the next time you cruise? Has nothing to do with critiquing anything and everything to do with meeting people before you even set sail.

Closed Thread

Tags
complaints, cruise, island, princess