Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2007, 03:15 PM

We are going to Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. Our first trip to these ports. We love to snorkel...Does anyone have any suggestions for excursions or must sees and dont bothers? Would appreciate any advice Thanks
Old 08-16-2007, 08:27 PM
Hi Marylu; not knowing anything about you I wouldn't presume to suggest to you, "do this", or "don't do that".
My wife is doing the same trip on Golden Princess on Oct. 6 and we have just spent a lot of time with the shore excursion brochure; and the choices are quite varied. But everything in the brochure is there because it appeals to someone.

What we do is go through a process of elimination. We read the tour description, say yes or no, and move on. Little by little we narrow it down to what really interests us. It just kills me that I'm spending all the time I am helping her and our family friend plan the trip--and I'm not going.

There are good snorkel tours in all three ports, but I should mention that if you are use to snokeling in Hawaii or the Caribbean, you might find Mexico's West Coast a little dissapointing. It's still fun, but the water clarity and variety of sea life is just not as good.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:16 AM

Hi We have snorkeled in Hawaii and the Carribean. My concern for Mexico I guess is saftey. We have heard some scarry stories involving tourists. Can we go to the beach and snorkel or should we take an excursion?My husband and I are in our early 50's and want a relaxing vacation. No jungle trecks for me thanks.
Old 08-17-2007, 07:47 AM
If it is your first time to Mexico I would suggest the ship sponsored shore excursions; not so much for safety, but for convenience. The will take you to the best spots, provide equipment, and get you back to the ship on time.

For shopping, dining and sightseeing, a short cab ride is all you need in all three ports. But the good snorkel areas are a bit farther away, and unless you know where you are going, I wouold stay with the ship tours.

Closed Thread