Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2005, 07:24 PM

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone on here has gone on or is planning to go on the Australia/New Zealand itinerary with Princess. My mom and I are planning on going either in 2006 or 2007. If anyone did go on the Sapphire Princess this past Australian season, please tell me how it went. Thanks so much!
Old 03-02-2006, 12:23 PM

Hi Sam:

My friends and I are planning to go On the Sapphire Princess 02/28/07...Our dilema is the difference between the PS and the PH Suites...One is at the very front of the ship, the other in midship. I hear that the Sea of Tasmania is very rough and one should try for midship cabins...Does anyone out there know which is best? I love the front of the ship, but while on our cruise in the Orient we hit horrible weather and BOY WAS IT ROUGH!

Any opinions or suggestions???

Hope to see you there...Keep in touch!
Old 03-05-2006, 05:07 AM

To cruzin cruzan

I live in the southern part of Australia and have cruised Bass Strait the water passage south of the mainland and have also cruised the pacific several times (including a cruise on the Diamond princess) I would reccommend that you go for the cabin that is midship.

Bass Strait and the Pacific in this part of the world are well known for rough seas
Old 03-23-2006, 02:44 AM

To cruzin cruzan

My wife and I are planning for the 11 Jan 07 cruise if everything works out. For the reasons outlined by Mazza we are aiming for a PH a midships. This time of year it is not uncommon for a cold burst through and south of the strait.

Let us know which cruise you end up on.

Regards

Howard
Old 04-19-2006, 08:05 AM

I have done the Australia/New Zealand cruise on Princess. I did it in 2002 on the Regal. What would you like to know?

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 04-20-2006, 05:45 AM

When we went we were very lucky and had great weather every day but one - it rained for our day cruising Fjordland Park. But I would go for a mid-ship cabin no question. Even in great weather the seas did toss a bit. I have sailed from Boston to Bermuda a couple of times and that is much rougher. It's just better to be safe than sorry and midship is the most steady part.

Caribbean Travel Articles
Old 10-24-2006, 06:10 AM

My husband and I and 12 year old daughter are going on aus/nz cruise on the sapphire on jan11th, 2007. We are from Victoria, Australia.We have booked a mini suite and counting down now.
Old 10-24-2006, 03:35 PM

I would go midships. We were on the Sapphire. It gets very rough across the strait. You can notice it as soon as you leave Fiordland. The ship cuts across the waves and can be very uncomfortable. Our cabin was just a little aft of midships and you could certainly feel the movement. I am a very bad sailor and it really knocked me. Also beween Tasmania and Melbourne was rough. Mummsie

Mummsie

past cruises
P&O Arcadia 1974
Sapphire Princess January 2005
Pacific Princess December 2005
Superstar Gemini July 2006

Future cruises
Pacific Princess 21 January 2007
Norwegian Sun 6th May 2007

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, australian, cruise, cruises, diamond, difference, ph, powered, princess, ps, reveiws, reviews, rough, suites, tips, travel, vbulletin, zealand