Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2006, 06:21 AM

OK, so I know the cost of the room will be more than an oceanview or inside. But, I'm taking the balcony room on our next cruise, and I started thinking that because I plan to spend a fair amount of time there, I may not be spending as much moola. For example, when there are no waiters selling me drinks or people taking my picture as I wander the ship.

Maybe it's extreme wishful thinking, just curious if anyone noticed a difference.

RCI Sovereign of the Seas 2005
Caribbean Princess 2005
Carnival Paradise 2004
Old 01-30-2006, 08:29 AM

You can always tell the photographers you do not want your picture taken. And you are never under obligation to buy them. The same with the drinks, just say "No Thank You". Everyone likes balconies for different reasons. Sometimes it is nice to have the quietness of your balcony to sit in the sun and read. Maybe you just want to order room service and sit out on the balcony in your robe for that first cup of coffee. Some like to open the door at night and listen to the waves gently slapping the ship. My friend likes a balcony because she is very suceptable to motion sickness. She can go on her balcony at anytime and get fresh air which helps her. So yes, if any of the above are important to you, than a balcony is worth it. It is what you perceive as value.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cruise, money, motion, save, sickness