Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2006, 10:07 AM

Hi, my wife and I are book on the Diamond Princess next June 2007 to Alaska and we have the following questions:
1: Are there alarm clocks/radio in the state rooms?
2: We are doing the land tour afterward to Fairbanks and I understand you are only allow 1 suitcase each for the bus and train. we each have 1 piece, plus 1 carryon bagage, so are we allow this carry on also??
3: How are the bugs in Alaska during this time frame.

Thanks.
Keith
Old 07-21-2006, 07:58 PM

The cabins do not have alarm/clocks. You can set your phone for a wake up call. You can take a smaller bag on the bus. The 1 suitcase rule is because of space under the bus. Also to cut down on the time for the bus driver to load and unload all the luggage. I don't believe bugs are a problem in June.
Old 07-22-2006, 06:13 PM

Master Cruiser, thanks for your reply. We have never been on a cruise before so we don't know anything.
How many cruise have you been on???
Old 07-23-2006, 06:38 AM

I've been on 57 cruises. Leaving for #58 August 2nd. It's a Scandanavia/Baltic cruise.
I hope you enjoy Alaska, my brother just came back from a 12nt Alaska cruise/tour. His 2nd cruise. They had a wonderful time. I went to Alaska on the Island Princess in 2003. Since weather is always unpredictable be sure to take rain gear, and something warmer. The temperature will be cooler near the glaciers. Leave room in your suitcase for souvenirs.
Old 07-23-2006, 07:53 PM

We have another question, we have room A333 on the Aloha deck. Is this room a good pick???
Thanks
Keith
Old 07-25-2006, 06:57 AM

Hi, 1 more question. What type of outlets due they have in the rooms on the ship?? Are they standard outlets same as North America?? Thanks,
Keith
Old 07-27-2006, 08:36 AM

The outlets are the same as in the US, you might want to bring a power strip if you're planning on taking curling iron, steamer, etc., there's usually only 1 outlet. We were on the Aloha deck on the Sea, can't remember the room number, but I think it was in the 400s. Great location, close to the Lido so I didn't have to walk up a lot of stairs to get my morning coffee. We wake up early to watch the sunrise, so I'd bring coffee down for my hubbie. Have a wonderful cruise!
Old 07-27-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Great location, close to the Lido so I didn't have to walk up a lot of stairs to get my morning coffee. We wake up early to watch the sunrise, so I'd bring coffee down for my hubbie.
Penny, that's sweet but why don't you use room service - you know - fill out the card and leave it hanging on your door? I find it decadent to have a light tap on the door followed by "Good Morning, can I set this up on the veranda for you?"

Closed Thread

Tags
alarm, at400, celebrity, clocks, cruise, frame, leaving, line, pm, princess, radios, rooms, seattle, ship, time