Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2009, 07:47 AM

I am going on my first cruise on 17th Oct on Sea Princess. I have booked the transfer from airport to ship do i need to collect my luggage and put it on the coach?
Old 09-16-2009, 08:06 AM
Administrator

You'll be met in the baggage claim area by a Princess representative. This is from the Princess website: "Claim all of your luggage prior to exiting the luggage claim area. From the airport, you'll be transferred to the ship ..."
Old 09-16-2009, 10:30 AM

Hi Sarfar, if you haven't been welcomed to Cruise-Chat, please allow me to do so. Whenever I have purchased the transfers, they have made us claim our luggage off of the baggage conveyors and take them to the awaiting coach. You can get porters in the airport, if you need to. Your driver will be there to put the luggage on the coach. Once you arrive at the pier, you will be met by porters. The bus driver will unload your luggage and the porters will take it and place it in bins to be put on board the ship. Keep you carry-on items with you. You will proceed to the ticketing area. You will have to have your passports, tickets, and your credit card with any documentation they will require (health statement, customs forms, etc.) filled out and ready. They will check you in, give you your sail and sign cards, and you're on your way. After your obligatory photograph, you'll board, have your picture taken for your sail and sign card, and be led to your cabin area (if the cabins are ready).

OK, sorry I told you way more than you asked for I get so excited when I see someone sailing the Sea Princess, she's my favorite ship. I don't know why, the Sun and the Dawn are just like the Sea, but the Sea is my favorite. Princess is my favorite cruise line, too, so far. Sure hope you have a great trip, it won't be long now
Old 09-17-2009, 04:43 AM

Me and gf are on Sea Princess on 10th for 2 weeks and cant wait.

We are flying on a charter flight with Thomas Cook on an A330 so everyone on the plane is going to the Sea Princess, would the luggage not automatically be transferred to ship seen as all the luggage on the plane is for that ship or do all 300 people have to get there luggage in airport and wheel it to coaches to then be put on the ship?

I thought with it being a charter flight they might just empty the plane into a truck or something and take them straight to the ship from the airport.

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 09-17-2009, 06:19 AM

Thanks for the info.

We do not fly home until 19.00hrs do we have to carry our luggage around with us when we vacate the ship? Do you know what time you have to vacate by? Thanks in advance
Old 09-17-2009, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I thought with it being a charter flight they might just empty the plane into a truck or something and take them straight to the ship from the airport.
You'll know for sure if they tell you to put your ship luggage tags on the baggage before you check it in at your UK airport. I expect they might do as you hope since that is more efficient.
Old 09-17-2009, 08:57 AM

They may offer a luggage service at the airport so you won't have to keep your luggage with you. Normally, the debarkation time is around 9am. However, this depends on how many ships are in port and how long it takes to clear the ship. You will be given instructions in your cabin. The night before you debark, you place your luggage in the hall before 2am. They will collect it. When you debark, you claim it. Again, porters can be used. Princess also offers a luggage valet service in the states, I'm not sure if they do in the UK. If you booked through a travel agent, give them a call and ask. If you booked directly, give Princess a call and ask them about the valet service. Best wishes.
Old 09-17-2009, 01:25 PM
I've only had a charter flight to a Princess Cruise one time, but they did as J and S are hoping: our luggage went right from the plane to our cabin. I hope it is the same for J and S.
Old 09-18-2009, 05:07 AM

Following on from f-mattox answer, we have received x2 tags each to put on our bags before we fly so hopefully it looks like the next time we see the bags will be on board - hopefully

The Village Inn & Spa (formerly Rainbow Hotel): St. Lucia Hotel
Old 10-20-2009, 07:30 AM

we arrived in Honolulu at 8:30 am and passed thru US customs relatively quickly. After a Taxi drive to the Harbour, we were not happy when the harbour security denied us access to the terminal. After an hour of waiting, several of us asked security if we could speak with an officer of the Sun Princess.
After half an hour, the security allowed us into the terminal building where we were allowed to deposit our luggage at around 11:00 am.
We went for a walk and returned to the Terminal and waited for 1:00pm, when we were allowed to embark.

The day was almost a total waste, and if we take another cruise, we will arrive the day before embarkation, to allow us time to view the sights of the embarkation port.

I hope this helps others who find themselves in similar circumstances.

Best wishes,

Tony

Closed Thread

Tags
airport, bag, baggage, bedding, check, cruise, luggage, oct, princess, restrictions, sea, ship