Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2009, 01:22 PM

Cruising for first time on Sea Princess - 31st October
We have previously cruised on Island Princes & P & O - Oceana
How do the ships compare (particularly cabin sizes) we have booked an Ocean view balcony
but the balconies on Sea Princess seem quite small
Any comments would be appreciated
Thanks
Old 09-21-2009, 02:04 PM

Hi dingle, welcome to Cruise-Chat. The Sea Princess is my favorite ship. She's so easy to navigate, she's immaculate, she's got a fantastic crew, and the food was wonderful. She's in drydock now getting the Sanctuary added, she already had the MUTS (movies under the stars). I didn't think the cabin was too small, it's about 179 square feet. It was very comfortable for 2 and had lots of storage space. I've not sailed on the Oceana, so I can't compare the cabins. The cabin seemed larger to me than some of the cabins I've had on Royal, NCL, and HAL. Costa seemed to have very large cabins, at least on the ships we've been on. I hope you enjoy your cruise on her as much as we did ours. We sailed her twice and then they moved her to Australia. I hope she'll come back to the US for a while. Best wishes!
Old 09-21-2009, 03:10 PM
Hello dingle, and welcome to Cruise-Chat; I have been on both Sea Princess and Island Princess. The cabins and balconies on Sea Princess are smaller, but not so much so that you will feel cramped or uncomfortable. The nice thing about the balconies on Sea Princess is they are recessed into the superstructure so they are covered and you have complete privacy.

I think you will find many similarities between Island Princess and Sea Princess--more similarities than differences. Penny and I agree on this: Sea Princess is our favorite Princess ship, and between the two of us I think we have been on just about all of them.

Rick

Closed Thread

Tags
australia, cabins, forum, forums, princess, sea