Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2008, 03:48 PM
Administrator

Rick, was that your portion?
Old 06-02-2008, 03:52 PM

Shana, you're getting advice from the right source. Rick cruises Princess regularly and knows the ships and the cruiseline very well. He's the guy I go to when I have questions about Princess too.

I'm glad you are on top of the special needs and be sure you send them in the form they're requesting once you finalize your booking. That will assure they cover all the needs and nothing gets missed. Have a great vacation!

Cheers, Neil
Old 06-02-2008, 04:03 PM
Thank you, Neil, for the kind words.

Dave, I did the best I could; but of course I had to save room for dessert.

Old 06-02-2008, 04:13 PM
Administrator

Quote:
I had to save room for dessert
Oh man. I'll bet that needed some black coffee to balance out the sugar.
Old 06-02-2008, 04:18 PM

O My Gosh, that shrimp has me drooling, lol, I could take the whole upper platter there people would sure stare at me. O I see it's bowls of shrimp that's even better. There is so much to research once you get online and start looking at cruises but at least I have chosen and got a suite now, now I just need to start doing alot of reading to see what to expect and check out things to do while were there, that polynesian place looks neat at one of the ports in Hawaii plus I am looking forward to learning more about what they have to do on board but I bet each ship is different. Rick, how much is a cover charge at Sabatini's or other specialty resteraunts? I am getting so excited and looking forward to talking with you all more. Shana
Old 06-02-2008, 04:22 PM

I would love to see more of your pictures from the golden princess and of Hawaii Rick, I don't know if your able to put pictures on here or how you share them with others but would love to see some. Shana
Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
shana, I have so many photos I wouldn't know where to start; and this is really more of a chat site than a photo sharing site. I just like to throw one up once in a while when appropriate.

But if you click on one of the photos above it will take you to our Webshots account. We don't have a lot of photos there--just the ones we've posted on different sites; but you are welcome to browse through them. I haven't put up any of Golden Princess yet; but all the large Princess ships are very similar.

You can also go to Webshots.com and in the "search" box type in "Golden Princess Cruise Ship" and you will get lots of photos.

Oh, and the cover charge for Sabatini's was $20.00, but well worth it, at least once or twice during the cruise.

Rick
Old 06-03-2008, 06:51 AM
Administrator

Also note that the extra-fee restaurants (Sabatini's and Sterling Steak House) use reservations and they usually book up quickly, although I'd think it less frantic on a 15 day cruise as opposed to a 7-day. It is wise to make reservations on embarkation day.
Old 06-03-2008, 10:19 AM

Thank you, I will be sure to make reservations as soon as we board. Is the steak really tender at the steakhouse? Does anyone know. I have no teeth, lol, and I love steak but it must be very tender. Is the steakhouse worth going to? and what's the difference between the main dining and the specialty resteraunts besides the steakhouse serving steak? This is very exciting learning so much from you regular cruisers. I will go to webshots to check out pictures of the golden princess and Hawaii. Shana
Old 06-03-2008, 11:02 AM
Administrator

The specialty restaurants are "upscale" with more select ingredients and preparation being more individualized. The main dining rooms are fine, but they are turning out meals for over 2000 people, where the specialty restaurants have a comparative handful of guests. You can get steak in the dining rooms and it is very good, but it is going to be U.S.D.A. Choice grade where the steakhouse will be serving Prime grade.

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, back, bad, cabins, caribe, cruise, cruises, d732, deck, golden, good, hawaii, lahaina, lobster, mini, princess, suite