Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2008, 03:05 PM

Thank you for the information on specialty resteraunts Dave very much appreciated. I think I will enjoy the specialty resteraunts a few times while I am on-board that's a must. Shana
Old 06-03-2008, 03:19 PM
Administrator

I found this web page which has menus for both the main dining room and the specialty restaurants. It probably isn't current, but it is close enough to give you an idea of what to expect. It is not a speedy website, so you will need to give it a minute or two to load all the images.
Old 06-04-2008, 12:10 AM
That was pretty darn close to the menus we had on Island Princess in April. I can highly recommend the Chilean Sea Bass and the Cold Water Lobster Tail in Sabatini's.

shana, the filet mignon in the dining room could be cut with a fork; you will love it. I am surprised there wasn't a combination with lobster or shrimp in Sterling's. Let's all suggest it to them.

Rick
Old 06-04-2008, 01:32 AM

I would definitely need a translator for that menu. I haven't had "perfumed" soup yet. It all sounds delicious though.

Dwayne
Old 06-05-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
perfumed soup, lol
I am not sure what alot of this food is but boy does some of it make my mouth water so this cruise can't come fast enough, no that's not true because I am learning alot and still am exploring things I might be able to do since I can't do alot of it although I can walk up to about 30 steps with my cane if need be and maybe I can push that more because I really want to go to a excursion on the beach in the evening when they dance and you eat and all that fun stuff but wheelchairs aren't sand friendly so hopefully it's not to far to walk. I read somewhere that princess is cutting out 1 of the ports is this true? As it is on a 15 day cruise to Hawaii you don't get alot of land time so hopefully we keep all they have at this point since my cruise is not til 2010. I have seen some beautiful pictures of the golden princess and am looking forward to cruising her and if I get the chance money wise were going to take a shorter cruise before then somewhere not sure yet but have been looking at the western carribean and hopefully somewhere I am able to participate in some of the excursions. I really want to touch a dolphin but am not able to go waist deep in water but can go thigh higgh so not sure if any of them will make an exception for medical reasons but hopefully they will. Anyone know where there is good shopping in Hawaii for things you wouldn't find in the states? Shana
Old 06-05-2008, 05:55 PM

perfumed soup, I don't think I will try that, lol. Shana
Old 06-05-2008, 10:47 PM
shana, starting this October, Princess is cutting the round-trip to Hawaii cruise to 14 days and cutting out Kona as a port. Since it is a tendered port, I don't think you will miss it. That leaves Lahaina and possibly Nawiliwili as tendered ports.

When you are able to book shore excursions, read the descriptions very carefully; they are very explicit about what kind of, and how much physical exertion is involved.

I doubt if you have many "Hilo Hatti's" in North Dakota; we have several here in Southern California; and they have all the same stuff you can get in Hawaii. But all your ports will be pretty much the same for shopping. Lahaina is kind of fun for shopping and eating off the ship; several seaside restaurants that are good and have great atmosphere.

Rick
Old 06-06-2008, 06:40 AM

I was looking forward to going on the exxcursion to the place that has seahorses because I am fascinated by them after seeing them on animalplanet station so that's a bummer but I will live I am sure I will find things of interest at other ports of call. I can do tendered ports as long as it isn't a tiny fishing boat, lol, with assistance. Thanks for letting me know about the change. I will be putting a down payment down today or tommorrow I wonder if they will adjust my price after they change it from a 15 to a 14 day cruise, does anyone know if they will? Shana
Old 06-06-2008, 06:45 AM

O we have no Hilo Hatti's here in ND., lol so I will definately have to take a peek in there and will save my major shopping for Lahaina and will definately eat there and will want some names of places closer to the cruise time. Thanks, Rick. Shana
Old 06-06-2008, 08:13 AM

I just looked at my itineray and if they take away lahaina all that is left for ports on this 15 day cruise is Hilo, Honalulu, and Kauai, and then ensenada Mexico. I don't know if I like paying 11 thousand something not including airfare or hotel stay yet for only 3 days in Hawaii. The only reason I am really wanting to book this cruise is cause there aren't many roundtrip cruises to Hawaii and leaving a US port and this way I am guaranteed a cruise to Hawaii in 2010.... What would you do? Anybody. Shana

Closed Thread

Tags
aft, back, bad, cabins, caribe, cruise, cruises, d732, deck, golden, good, hawaii, lahaina, lobster, mini, princess, suite