Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2007, 07:37 PM
Neil, from your vantage point would you say this lack of customer service is translating into fewer return passengers?

I was astonished to hear that 1300 of the roughly 2000 passengers on Island Princess were past passengers--700 Gold, 400 Platinum and 200 Elite. I would expect a higher percentage on a 15 day cruise, but this seemed very high to me.

Either very few are actually having problems; or expectations have been greatly reduced.

Rick
Old 06-01-2007, 03:05 AM

200 Elite !! No wonder we never get invited to the Captains lunches any more. They must be doing something right.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:19 AM

Rick,

The die hard loyal of any cruiseline will stay for the most part. I've had a few from various lines who love that line, have a bad experience of one kind or another and swear they'll never return. They often cruise once with another line and their next booking go back without ever bringing up the problems again. We're all creatures of habit and all have preferences for whatever reason. I think the cruiselines know this well and exploit it. I even had a lady permanently confined to a wheelchair that had a truly disturbing situation. She called me on her cell from one of the early ports requesting to fly home and filed suit against a particular line, justifiably I might add. She cruises about 6 times a year and spends more than most of us could dream of on her cruises. After getting home and filing the suit she booked a cruise with another line. Before she ever boarded the ship one of her friend told her she'd never sail with her choice of replacement cruiselines and she cancelled. She called me for advice and I gave it to her the best I could knowing she absolutely loved the line she was suing for years until this horrible incident (I can't/won't go into detail). She hung up without booking anything, great help I was! About 2 weeks later she dropped her suit and booked not one but 3 more cruises with the line she dropped the suit with. She has never mentioned it again.

Until we, and I include myself, really do decide we'll stick to our guns when they drop the ball badly we'll continue to perpetuate this problem. I have my own preferences but limit my endorsements to what I feel fits each clients needs, wants, lifestyle, age, etc. I also keep a close eye on what my clients are saying when returning from specific ships. You'd be amazed how quickly a ship can go from recommended to "Let's see if we can find some other options here..." Sorry for the long post.

Cheers, Neil

Closed Thread

Tags
agent, booked, carnival, crown, cruise, cruiser, d732, golden, past, price, princess, raised, rating, suzycruisy, travel, traveling