Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Banned

We just got back from our 10 day Alaskan cruise. Here is a link to my on-line photo album.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/240...01337546VKiHzG

We did the Dawn Princess with ports in Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Tracy Arm Fjord and Victoria. We left out of San Francisco. The weather was great and we had a wonderful time.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
Banned

We just got back from our 10 day Alaskan cruise. Here is a link to my on-line photo album.

http://travel.webshots.com/photo/240...01337546VKiHzG

We did the Dawn Princess with ports in Ketchikan, Sitka, Juneau, Tracy Arm Fjord and Victoria. We left out of San Francisco. The weather was great and we had a wonderful time.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:13 PM

Thanks for sharing the photos, dog-sled looks so much fun. I'll have to try that next time I visit Alaska.
Old 06-11-2007, 07:47 AM

Great pictures, but it has confirmed my thoughts about it being way too cold for me. I do hope you liked the Sun, my favorite is the Sea Princess. Hope you're already planning your next cruise! Best wishes!
Old 06-14-2007, 02:36 PM

Hi digdmr. I enjoyed your photo album. Did you get to see the glacier at the end of Tracy Arm Fjord? What was Sitka like? I've been to Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway and would be interested in a comparison. Was there much to do?
Thanks.
Old 06-14-2007, 02:58 PM
Banned

Hi Joyceh,

Thanks for the nice remarks about the photo album. Yes we did get to see the glacier (from a distance) off of Sawyer Island, it was amazing. Unfortunately, my camera does not have a srong enough zoom to capture the beauty of it. We brought our binoculars and it was awesome. I took over 150 pictures of Tracy Arm Fjord alone! I couldn't get enough of the beauty.

As for Sitka, that was the one day that it was rainy and we really didn't take advantage of what it had to offer. I know there were excursions, but we didn't book any. Our big excursion was the helicopter/dogsled ride in Juneau which was absolutely unbelievable. Flying over the glaciers and then riding an actual dogsled for almost an hour was heaven.

I hope this helped you a little bit. Are you planning another Alaskan cruise?
Old 06-15-2007, 07:24 AM

Hi digdmr. Thanks for the quick response. We have just come back from a 2 week Alaska cruise which we loved. Our itinerary didn't go to Tracy Arm Fjord and we really wanted to see it. We tried booking with an independent operator out of Juneau but the timing was too tight in the morning. We've never been to Sitka and I thought its Russian heritage would be interesting to see although the shore excursions didn't look that appealing to me. We will go back to Alaska sometime to see these things but first there are many new places to explore. So little time and so much to see!
Old 06-22-2007, 02:24 AM

Wow, thanks for sharing pictures! We've been thinking of going on an Alaskan cruise. How did you like the Dawn compared to other Princess ships that has the Alaskan route?
2005 Coral Princess 21d Panama Canal
2004 Sapphire Princess 10d Mexican Riviera
Old 06-22-2007, 05:03 AM

Hi!

Great pics!
I was Juneau the same day as you.
Do you have some more pictures from the Pearl? I'd love to see her from different perspectives!

cu
gershwin
Old 06-22-2007, 06:29 AM
Banned

HeyEliza,

The Dawn is the only Princess ship I've been on, so I can't compare it to any of the others. It is one of the older ones (10 years old) so it doesn't have all of the bells and whistles that the new ships have, but I wasn't interested in that anyway, I went to see the beauty of Alaska.

If you do go Alaska, I would recommend a balcony room so you don't miss out on anything. When we pulled into Ketchikan at 4:00 a.m. I was on the balcony taking those beautiful sunrise pictures. So, I recommend a balcony room on the starboard side and don't forget your binoculars!

Closed Thread

Tags
alaska, alaskan, cruise, jeaneau, photo, photos, princess, reviews, sapphire, sunrise