Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2006, 09:58 AM

The oceanview staterooms for class EE on the Golden Princess Plaza deck are listed as having an "obstructed view"; however, looking at a picture of the ship, there does not seem to be anything blocking the windows. The life boats are definitely at a higher deck. Does anyone know what the "obstructed view" means?
Old 05-25-2006, 05:41 PM

Obstructed view means that something is blocking your full window view. This varies based on your cabin.
If you look at my webshots photos you'll see some obstructed view shots in my Golden Princess album from 2/06.

Link to my webshots:
http://community.webshots.com/user/s...host=community
Old 05-26-2006, 07:29 PM

Your photos are wonderful! I was able to get a much better feel for the Golden Princess than I have from the Princess website. However, I am still confused as to what kind of window obstruction there can be. Pictures of the outside of the Plaza deck show absolutely nothing there. Since my stateroom is very near the front of the ship, could the obstruction possibly have anything to do with the curve of the ship?
Old 05-27-2006, 07:04 PM

Glad you enjoyed my photos.
Yes, the obstruction can be varied due to your cabin location.
When are you cruising???

Cathy
Old 05-28-2006, 10:38 AM

We leave on our cruise in July. I can't wait. We will be visiting some of the wonderful places in your photo albums. By the way, from your many cruise experiences, do you remember if the ship's tour excursion transportation would accommodate a portable scooter? My mom, who does not walk long distances well, will be accompanying us. While the portable scooter would be great, we wonder if there is a place on the tour buses, etc. for the scooter.
Old 05-28-2006, 03:31 PM

Trying to remember, I have seen the portable scooters for sure. I will say yes, you'll be fine with the larger tour buses.

You too are in countdown mode for your Golden cruise.
I have some good friends working onboard.
You'll love the ship

Cathy
Old 06-19-2006, 11:05 AM

I've just returned from an Alaska cruise on the Diamond. Our tickets said "obstructed view" but in our case we saw only a small corner of a lifeboat hull and occasionally the head of somebody climbing the nearby stairs. ;-) In fact we had a lovely view!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by WHBC:
The oceanview staterooms for class EE on the Golden Princess Plaza deck are listed as having an "obstructed view"; however, looking at a picture of the ship, there does not seem to be anything blocking the windows. The life boats are definitely at a higher deck. Does anyone know what the "obstructed view" means?
Hi!
Fortunately, the cruise lines have almost bent over backwards to ensure proper respresentation of their declarations regarding stateroom views. I would say that on many lines even a "fully obstructed" accommodation does offer some view, and more often a "partially obstructed" cabin will generally offer a better view than what most might anticipate (often, it might be a lifeboat situated above/below window-level), therefore, there is no real blockage, per se.
Bon Voyage,
Richard

Closed Thread

Tags
cabin, cruise, fully, golden, obstructed, ocean, partially, pictures, princess, ship, stateroom, staterooms, view, views, vs750