Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-07-2003, 10:52 PM

I am taking a cruise on May 18 and have it narrowed down to the Victory and the Grand.. Anyone traveled on both? I've been on the Carnival Destiny in the past and enjoyed it immensly.. So I have been partial to Carnival..But, would like to experience another cruise line to have something to compare.. I was on two other ships before the Destiny, but it was when I was much younger and the ships are no longer afloat. I am 20 yrs old.. traveling with a few other friends.. I hear the Grand Princess appeals to an older crowd.. but now quite sure..

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-07-2003, 10:52 PM

I am taking a cruise on May 18 and have it narrowed down to the Victory and the Grand.. Anyone traveled on both? I've been on the Carnival Destiny in the past and enjoyed it immensly.. So I have been partial to Carnival..But, would like to experience another cruise line to have something to compare.. I was on two other ships before the Destiny, but it was when I was much younger and the ships are no longer afloat. I am 20 yrs old.. traveling with a few other friends.. I hear the Grand Princess appeals to an older crowd.. but now quite sure..

Any input would be greatly appreciated!!!
Old 03-24-2003, 01:23 PM

i havent ever been on a carnival but all i hear is the worst of them.. i would definetly go w/ a royal carribean or a princess.. i have heard the best of the royal carribean!!
Old 03-25-2003, 10:00 AM

Yes, I've been on both. Both are nice ships, but overall, I would choose The Grand (have sailed on her 5 times). I (for myself) prefer the Princess product over the Carnival product.
Old 04-30-2003, 02:56 PM

THE GRAND!!!! Woohoo!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Top_Cruises/join
Old 05-18-2003, 05:43 PM

Gotta go Grand
Old 07-15-2003, 05:50 AM

I've been on the Victory and it was a perfectly fine cruise. The only thing I could have done without was Jamaica's pushy taxi drivers and trinket sellers. Though the scenery was nice.

Then again I've read some not so great things about Costa Maya.

The Grand certainly looked like a nicer ship from the exterior though.

The one thing I noticed is that a some times this fall you can get some dirt cheap balcony rooms on the Grand. $661 for a balcony? It's insane!

I'm sailing on the Grand this year...
Oct. 24th 2003 - Honeymoon
Old 08-07-2003, 07:54 PM

Hi, I would choose the Grand, but, that said I should tell you I'm twice your age and then some!lol Princess is a better product (imho) but then I did Carnival when I was younger and liked it also, you really have to figure out what you want. Princess is not just old foggies but on the other hand it's definately not spring breaK party all night either.Good Luck

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, itinerary, victoy