Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2006, 02:20 PM

Hi RichC,

If I remember right, you are sailing out of L.A. December 5 which will get you back home just before Xmas. Why don't you keep a daily log of wind/sea conditions/weather etc and post a report when you get back. I am sure we would all be interested. I plan to do the same when I get back in March.
Old 12-03-2006, 08:17 PM

Well, i am answering your email soaking up the sun in Aruba. We made a decision to stay on land this time and avoid any problems on the "high seas". I'm still interested in this cruise so let me know how your experience goes.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:07 AM

We're leaving on the Island Princess tomorrow on Dec 5 th. I'll post some comments about our weather & sea conditions as we go. I checked the web cam yesterday afternoon & the sea looked calm but the strange thing is there were no people in the splash pool or sitting on any of the chairs around the splash pool. This could only make me believe that that air temperature was on the cold side & most people were in the Lotus pool. I'm looking forward to some cooler weather as we've had it on the warm side here in SW Florida & I need the change.
Old 12-04-2006, 09:32 AM
Hi RichC,
first, I'm very envious; I'm doing the same trip but not until April--I can hardly wait. I, too, check the web cam daily and it usually looks pretty smooth.
Just a point about the splash pool area; the Sun Class ships have a nearly identical arrangement(deck and splash pool on top of the Horizon Court, all the way foreword). I was on Sea Princess in the Caribbean, Panama Canal and Mexican Riviera and that was the most under-utilized part of the ship, but not because of the temperature--it was the WIND! It was almost always very windy. I don't know if this is the case with Island Princess; just a thought.
Have a wonderful trip and I;ll look foreword to your comments.
Old 12-04-2006, 11:33 AM

I just checked the web cam again & it's 12:30 their time headed for Ensenada. It looks warm with calm seas but there's still no one in the splash pool or deck chairs. I'll check it out tomorrow & let you know why. It must be cool although it 75 degrees in LA today. Strange.
Old 12-05-2006, 10:49 AM
Well, RichC,
today's the day!
I'll be watching the web cam at exactly 16:00 and expect to see you by the splash pool, waving back (that's WAVING, RichC, not MOONING!).
Have a great trip, and keep us posted.
Old 12-05-2006, 08:40 PM

Well I found out why there were no people in the splash pool- ITS COLD. Possibly when we get closer to Hawaii it'll be better. This evening (8:30 PM our time)the Lotus pool is open & it's probably 58 degrees with a swirling wind.
Check in took us 1 1/2 hours- we arrived at 1:10 PM. There was no line at 3 PM. Either plan to arrive before 1 or after 2:30 to miss the crowds. The sea is fairly calm with only a slight rocking motion. No one mentioned the Norovirus outbreak a few weeks ago but they did have us fill out the standard form as to if we had been sick in the past few days. There's plenty of anit bacterial lotion being squirted when entering the buffet lines & re entering from the opposite direction. More tomorrow.
Old 12-06-2006, 06:46 AM

Hi RichC,

Thanks for the report. Were you standing by the splash pool yesterday when the ship sailed? I thought I saw a few people waving to the web cam.

We appreciate you taking the time to report. Please continue. We are on the same ship in March, and look forward to hearing from you.

Have a great cruise!
Old 12-06-2006, 11:36 AM

I was just up at the splash Pool (10:30 out time)& it's again to cool to even consider using. There are only 3 or 4 people in the Lotus pool & 1 or 2 in the outdoor pool. There all to cold for my taste being from Florida. Air temp is around 65 or so but sunny. The best place is on my balcony in the sun.

RichC about 320 miles from LA in the Pacific.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:06 PM
Hi RichC,
sorry the pools are still to cool for you; it should start warming up. Just checked the web cam and the sea looks very calm. Glad you are enjoying your balcony. I intentionally booked port side in the hope of capturing morning sun and being somewhat wind-protected; hope I was right. Also hope to enjoy long sunsets on the return trip. What's your location on the ship?
Anyway, hope you're having a great time, and keep the posts coming: I'm getting a lot of vicarious enjoyment from them!!
Happy sailing!

Closed Thread

Tags
angeles, canada, conception, cruise, hawaii, los, march, november, pacific, point, rough, sailing, waters, weather, webcam