Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2006, 12:48 PM

We just returned from a two week cruise to the Southern and Eastern Caribbean out of Ft. Lauderdale on Sea Princess. Nice ship, somewhat in need of refurbishment, but great staff. We thought there were far too many British entertainers though
Old 11-29-2006, 09:53 PM
Even though Princess Cruises is based in California, the cruise staff and entertainers come primarily from the U.K., a carryover from the P & O days. The headliners are often familiar to Americans but the cruise directors, musicians, dancers, etc. are usually from the U.K..
It sounds like you had a good trip and I'm happy for you.
I'm just not clear on what you mean by "too many British entertainers"; you didn't like their choice of material, or you didn't think they were professional, or you couldn't understand them, or you just thought there should be more diversity? Or you were expecting all-american entertainment?
I'd be interested in hearing your(or anybody elses's)thoughts on this.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:34 AM

It might be that the humor doesn't translate and it is hard to understand them as well. We've been on 5 Princess cruises, and that has been my problem. I love brittish comedy, but some of jokes just don't translate. Even though they are speaking English, it takes extreme concentration to understand what they are saying. Don't get me wrong, Princess is my favorite line. Just my 2 cents.

Closed Thread

Tags
caribbean, cruise, princess, reviews, southern, staff