Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2003, 07:47 PM

going on rcl radiance of the seas 11/30 cruise? any suggestions on staying in ft.lauderdale would also be appreciated.first time cruise for my hubby & i.our 35th anniversary.

marlene carr
Old 09-18-2003, 07:47 PM

going on rcl radiance of the seas 11/30 cruise? any suggestions on staying in ft.lauderdale would also be appreciated.first time cruise for my hubby & i.our 35th anniversary.

marlene carr
Old 09-19-2003, 05:01 PM

Especially since your cruise is for a major anniversary (congratulations!), I'd recommend the Embassy Suites in Ft. Lauderdale. Although not beachside, it's convenient to the port, and has a free shuttle which will pick you up at the airport (expect a wait) and will also take you to the dock. Full cooked breakfast is included in the room rate, and there is a nice, if somewhat pricey, lunch & dinner restaurant on the premises as well. If you want, you can walk or take a cab (probably also a shuttle) to a nearby restaurant - ask at the front desk for recommendations. I have stayed there twice now & really like this hotel. Have a great trip!
Old 03-07-2004, 08:01 AM

I concur with Embassy Suites. We stayed there last April and it was great! A short walk across the street in the strip mall (left hand side) is a great seafood restaurant named Kelly's. There is also a decent Mexican restaurant a shot walk. Have a great anniversary!
Old 03-07-2004, 12:34 PM

Agree with the suggestions to stay at Embassy Suites, especially since it's your anniverary. We stayed at Amerisuites the night before our cruise in early February. While Amerisuites was clean and the service friendly, the hotel clearly needed an overhaul (e.g., worn furniture, sagging bed, broken pool furniture and a room that reeked of stale smoke despite it being designated a non-smoking room).

We walked over to Embassy Suites to check it out. Nice! And it's right across the street from two strip malls with plenty of stores. The Mexican restaurant, Carlos & Pepe's, served a very good lunch... lots of food at a great price.

Congratulations on your anniversary! Have a wonderful cruise.

Closed Thread