Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2007, 09:21 AM

If I were in my 20's and had the opportunity to sail on the new Freedom of the Seas, I would jump at the chance! I have been on Caribbean Princess and I am in mid 40's, but feel 20's, and those three-plus full days at sea can get very long. On the other hand, if you are in your 20's but feel like 40's and need to rest, go with Caribbean Princess. It is a gorgeous ship, with excellent food and service, but really cannot be compared with Freedom of the Seas. I haven't been on FOS, but from what I can see, there is no ship, or experience, that can compare.

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 05-25-2007, 10:21 AM

I've never been on the Caribbean Princess, but had a good look at her from real close up. I think she's the prettiest ship out there; however, I never tasted her food, never saw any of her shows, and never experience her ambiance; therefore, I wouldn't think of suggesting anyone to sail on her compared to any other ship or cruise line. Tncruiseman would probably rave even more about the Freedom is he had a chance to sail on her. Who out there can deny that there is no ship in the world that can compare to the Freedom or Liberty? Tncruiseman, you summed it up very well.

Sonny
Old 05-25-2007, 10:30 AM
Banned

I guess no one should comment then unless they have sailed both ships then Fine by me. Please disregard my wayward opinion.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:21 AM
Banned

Jeez, what is this, a pi**ing contest, or what?
Old 05-25-2007, 11:28 AM

I think there's a difference between a comment and advice; maybe I'm wrong.

Sonny
Old 05-25-2007, 11:56 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by SONNYV:
I think there's a difference between a comment and advice; maybe I'm wrong.

Sonny
Well then, based on your logic, that would mean anyone asking about a specific shore excursion at a port for example should only render comments from those that have been on every excursion at that port, since they can't possibly know what is the best excursion (in their opinion). If you look back at the orginal post, this person had narrowed their search down to two options and were looking for help deciding. They had done a lot of work to get to this stage already, and were asking the question on one distinct part of the cruising aspect....that of a "less family oriented" cruise. Had she asked which of these ships would be best for excitement and adventure, I would have whole heartedly said FOS.

Also, based on the logic of only posting if you have knowledge of both cruise ships, serena would still be waiting for the first post on her question.

I know I have beaten this issue enough, and I will shut up. There is no question that you are the absolute expert when it comes to RCCL.....hands down the King! I just think it's a shame that instead of posting your own opinion to help serena make her decision, you opt to critize those that did post with the intent of helping.

There are a lot of great people with great ideas, wit, humor and talent in this forum, but lately it seems it has taken an ugly side. To quote a brilliant poster (who will remain nameless so's that I don't drag another into this mess "some of us take ourselves way too seriously".

Anyways, nuff said, no hard feelings. Sorry that I'm opinionated (actually, no I'm not)
Old 05-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Banned

I'd agree with carlg that lately, contentiousness has been rearing an ugly head in this forum. This is supposed to be a fun place to visit and exchange of views, opinions, and heck, maybe once in a while, veer off course for a little bit. Cruising, and its' related issues, to include cabins, excursions, food, service, itineraries, and what ever else you want to throw in the mix, while evoking passion from us all, as cruise lovers, in the big picture, really isn't that important. Please don't shoot the messenger.

I echo carlg's sentiments about taking ourselves way too seriously; it's cruising, not the war in Iraq, terrorism, world hunger, homelessness, global warming, or saving the whales (or the baby harp seals for my friends up north, eh?).

Lighten up, have some wine, beer, or (fill in the blank).
Old 05-25-2007, 01:09 PM

My recommendation is to do a back to back of sorts. Sail FOS, when you get back to Miami take a cab to Ft Lauderdale and jump on Carib Princess.

That way you get two weeks of cruising and can come back and settle this for us.

Cheers, Neil
Old 05-25-2007, 04:49 PM
Banned

TrvlPro: I like it!
Old 05-25-2007, 05:24 PM

Neil, I can see you are the peacemaker. An excellent quality. Carl and GC I am fully in your corner. Sonny, I have enjoyed your posts but you are off the mark on this one.

That's about all I got to say about that. I'm going to take GC's advice and go have a cold one.

Serena, sorry you ran into this crap here. Most of the time there is good information and then once in a while people's heads get to be too big for their bodies.

Closed Thread