Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Can anyone twll me what nights of the week are formal dining on the Diamond?

Also, our reservations state we are wait listed for main seating Traditional dining. Can you tell me if most are wait listed and you sign up on the ship or are you just out of luck?

What deck and place is the best seats to view Glacier Bay? Timing?

Are there any facilities to make a CD from your digital camera card? Or should you take your computer or a bunch of cards?

Please advise on all issues, thanks
Old 06-03-2007, 11:45 PM

Can anyone twll me what nights of the week are formal dining on the Diamond?

Also, our reservations state we are wait listed for main seating Traditional dining. Can you tell me if most are wait listed and you sign up on the ship or are you just out of luck?

What deck and place is the best seats to view Glacier Bay? Timing?

Are there any facilities to make a CD from your digital camera card? Or should you take your computer or a bunch of cards?

Please advise on all issues, thanks
Old 06-04-2007, 07:59 AM
Hello pattiarts and welcome to cruise-chat;

I don't know your itinerary but formal nights are usually the first and last full sea day.

Once the dining room is full everyone after that is waitlisted. there should even be a waitlist number on your booking confirmation. Once onboard, go to the dining room and speak to the Matre'd and see what you can work out. But I should tell you first seating Traditional is the most popular and if you are pretty far down the list your best bet would be to switch to Anytime dining and just go early.

I wouldn't say there is any "best" place to view Glacier Bay; most people stroll the decks as the views are stunning from every angle.
As for timing, you will know when there is something to see--the buzz will be unmistakeable.

The photo shop can make CD's from your memory card; it was about $10; or you can take your own laptop. I just take a couple of 2 gb cards--no muss, no fuss--then sort it all out when I get home.

Hope this helps. Have a great cruise.

Rick
Old 06-04-2007, 11:01 AM

quote:

I don't know what type of card your camera takes but I just received an add today for a 2 gig sc type card from buy.com for only $9.95 (including ship). They might be the slower speed cards but I can't see the difference on my Cannon camera.
http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...70&dcaid=17070
I don't know what they charge on the ship but I'm almost sure they won't copy over a full 2 gig of data onto 1 disk (even though it would fit with room left over). I'd guess they might charge you for 2 or possibly three disks for the full 2 gig chip.

Closed Thread