Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2008, 10:40 AM

my daughter & I will be travelling on this ship and would like to know if there are any other fellow passengers who would be interested in
private tour fron Naples to the Amalfi coast and in Instanbul. I have not booked anything as yet.

Any information on private tours in those areas would be most welcome.
Old 02-28-2008, 08:34 AM

Hi Hula Girl, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Unfortunately, I won't be on that cruise. I did, however, want to welcome you on board and to let you know that the Emerald Princess is absolutely a magnificent ship. I hope you looked at my pictures of her. We sailed her last November. We've only done Caribbean itineraries, so I can't help you there either. You can use your Find feature, in the upper left hand corner of your post and type in your ports. It will bring up a list of the posts made about them for your review. Or, take a browse through the European Port Chat section or the General Chat section of this board. I do hope you enjoy Princess as much as we do, they're our favorite cruise line, so far. During the day at the International Cafe on deck 5 (or 6, can't remember) they have some sandwiches and deserts that are no extra charge that are scrumptous. There is also 9 different types of gelato there. It's 3 scoops for $1.50-yummy. We did both of the specialty restaurants, Sabatini's and the Crown Grill. The Crown was my favorite and I think it was because there wasn't so much food. In Sabatini'
s they bring you the entire left side of the menu, you select your entree, then they bring you each dessert. If you go to the Crown, try the Black and Blue onion soup. It's traditional French onion with Jack Daniels in the Broth and Blue cheese on top. The soup alone was worth the extra charge to me. I had a petite fillet that I could have cut with my fork it was so tender. My hubby had the grilled lobster and said it was fantastic. I do hope you meet some fellow cruisers on this board. Best wishes for a marvelous cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 03-17-2008, 11:27 PM

Hi- My son and I will be on the same cruise. We'd be happy to discuss any possible ideas for port activities, sharing costs and company. We did want to go to Pompeii very much but would be open to a private tour. Take care.
Old 03-26-2008, 07:56 PM

Hi Hula Girl and Tiffnut,

My husband and I are going on the April 30th cruise on the Emerald Princess and would be happy to share some private shore excursions. I have contacted some companies to ask about a group, but am told we must get our own group. Usually six or eight people would give us a decent savings as compared to the cruise shore excursions. We are doing a private tour in Naples, but are open for France, Rome, Turkey and Greece. Look forward to a response. Lorraine
Old 03-26-2008, 08:39 PM

Lorraine-

My son and I have booked a tour for Istanbul, May 7th at 8:30 a.m. and we are looking for other cruisers to join us and share the cost. Total price for this 8 hour guided tour is 225 Euro. If we can get 5 additional passengers it will cost 32 euro each plus admission to the Topkopi Palace, admission to Sunken Palace Cistern and lunch at the Teahouse of Pierre Loti (around $10). Our guide/driver with Ephesus Tours will meet us in front of Istanbul Port Passenger Terminal.

Itinerary with links, photos and information-

Spice Market (view video from 7 minutes 50 seconds to see spice market)
http://www.brightcove.tv/title.jsp?t...nnel=452313823

Drive along the Golden Horn for early lunch at the Cafe known as the Teahouse of Pierre Loti (surrounded by a Turkish cemetery but amazing views)
http://www.virtualtourist.com/travel/Middle_East/Turkey..._loti_cafe-BR-1.html

Topkopi Palace (great slide show)
http://photoshow.comcast.net/watch/mT2uv4yA

Sunken Palace Cistern (great place to cool down from the sun)
http://www.helloturkey.net/yerebatan.html

Reply to qualitygoldens@verizon.net if you are interested in this tour. We have five seats left. Let me know if you would like to be added to the tour list.

Happy Cruising,

Jessica
Old 03-27-2008, 08:09 AM

I am working on private tours for the Emerald Princess April 30th Mediterranean sailing. I have a Naples tour booked and would love to have others join in to keep the cost down. I am open to other shore excursions, especially Rome. Please e-mail me at parkergreenidge@gmail.com if you would like to arrange some private tours.
thanks! lorraine

Closed Thread

Tags
parkergreenidgegmailcom