Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2008, 08:25 PM

Need info about San Juan del Sur, Nicaragua disembarking procedures. We are supposed to arrive at 6 am on Dec. 31. This is the only port where the arrival time MIGHT allow me a chance for a 1/2 day flyfishing trip. I have found someone to take me out. They will be waiting for me as close to the ship as allowable.

Say we arrive on schedule:
-are we going to be docking at a pier where I can walk off the ship or will we be tendered off?
-which ever happens, is there anything I can do ahead of time, talk to someone, tip, bribe,etc to insure I'm the 1st one off the ship?
-then I assume I must go thru customs?
-what time does customs open?
-this will probably kill my chance

Please don't tell me that if I can't get thru customs until 8-9am I still have time for a 1/2 day trip. This is New Years Eve, our 20th wedding anniversary & I've been told if I get this fishing trip done & am not back by 2pm, "my bags will be on the dock & I can just live in Nicaragua for the rest of my life!!!"
Hmmmm..... if the fishing is really, really good........
Old 12-02-2008, 09:44 PM
You will be tendered off in San Juan del Sur; there are no docking facilities.

As I mentiond in the other post, they will announce when and where you can obtain tender tickets. The order the tickets are distributed is the order in which you will be disembarked. The only way to gain an advantage is to be in line early.

You do not go through customs; all you need is your cruise card (which is also your cabin key and your means of making all purchases onboard) and a goverment issued photo I.D., such as a drivers' license.

Your bags will be inspected by security before you reboard the ship.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:35 AM

When arriving at 6am, would you have a rough idea of typically when they would start letting people off the boat?
I'm needing to book this fishing trip in advance. The closer it comes to not being able to get off the boat until 10 am, the less likely it will work. 10 am will be a no go!
Old 12-03-2008, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Quote:
The closer it comes to not being able to get off the boat until 10 am, the less likely it will work.
Barring some emergent problem, if you arrive at 6am you will have no problem making a 10am tour time.
Old 12-03-2008, 11:10 AM
According to your itinerary you are there from 6:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m.; the longest shore excursion Princess offers at this port is 8 to 8.5 hours. The last tender back to the ship would be at 3:30, so the first tenders would start leaving before 7:.00 a.m..

The passengers with the longer Princess excursions go ashore first, but you should still have plenty of time.

Closed Thread

Tags
call, caribbean, cruise, del, disembark, disembarking, forums, id, juan, leave, line, nicaragua, port, ports, royal, san, ship, sur, tips