Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Princess Cruises
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2008, 05:17 PM

We are on Diamond in Alaska on May 17. I am wondering if there are yoga classes and also if there is a pool usable in Alaska with a view of ocean?

Thanks.
Old 04-29-2008, 02:53 PM

We were on the Diamond to Hawaii last Nov/Dec & the enclosed pool is open for sure but I don't know how comfortable it'll be. There weren't that many people using it on our cruise & Alaska will be even colder. They just had a record snowfall in Anchorage yesterday.
Old 04-29-2008, 07:19 PM

Thanks RichC. When we started looking at cruises I was reading about the Millenium and their pool that looks out on the ocean. Sounded nice. What about an enclosed pool wouldn't be comfortable?
Old 04-30-2008, 04:00 AM

In theory it's a great idea but what actually happens is the that the automatic doors keep opening & the wind keeps cooling the place off even thought it's heated by the sun. The pools are also heated but they change the water at the beginning of each cruise & it takes a while to get the water temp back up. Don't get me wrong- the enclosed pool is warmer & more protected than being outside but it's not exactly what you might expect when you look at the pictures. I will say that the upper level of the enclosed section was very comfortable most of the time even if the outdoor temp was cold since the heat rises.
We'll be in the Dawn Princess at the end of June & I doubt if I'll even bring my bathing suit along. I'm sure they'll be people using the pool no matter what- it all depends on your tolerance.

Closed Thread

Tags
cruise, diamond, princess, reviews, ship, yoga